Anyone into retro arcade games?
Posted: 10 March 2012 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2012-03-09

Simple question? I guess quite a few of us on here are of the age to remember the golden era

Ive got 4 arcade cabs in the lounge and love em.

Signature 

The Karmic wheel is turning ......

Posted: 10 March 2012 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Soul Eraser
RankRank
Total Posts:  122
Joined  2012-02-05

I don’t recognize those 4 games, but wow, are they at your place?  Can I visit you now? :cheese:

Posted: 10 March 2012 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  429
Joined  2012-02-11

Which games are they? I can not see all of them.

Did you see the gaming thread by the way? Looks like you are a Street Fighter-player. Too bad I just play SF on X360. I have a PS3 as well but I have all my fighting buddies on XBL which means that if I buy any more fighting games it will be for X360. Also, my arcade stick is for the X360.

Signature 

AGAINST RELIGION AND ALL NATIONS FLAGS!

Posted: 12 March 2012 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2012-02-29

I wouldn’t consider myself a gamer, but I have a lot of fun playing these sort of games. There is an arcade about 15 minutes from where I live called The Ghostland Arcade. $15 to get in and all the games are free to play. It’s pretty reminiscent (from what I’ve seen I’m a bit young to have been to these arcades) of the classic arcades.

Posted: 12 March 2012 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2012-03-09

@Yuka, pop over :) Ive just picked upm a new one actually a Japanese New Astro City cabinet. So I can sit my Lazy ass down while I play :)

@ Soul eraser All my cabs are generic cabinets, or Jamma cabinets as they were known. So they can run both arcade hardware and Mame or Pc games.
The games playing were Championship sprint, Tumble Pop, Arkanoid, and tiger heli.
Im tapped out on cash at the moment, but would like to get a 360 in one of the cabs for a bit of online streetfighter action

@W8ulostme, that sounds great! there are no arcades left really over here, and the ones that do are mainly fruit machines and oversized monstrosities that cost £2.00 a go!!

I grew up in a seaside town where Back in the day these were all over the place, a couple of mates got me one for my 30th birthday, and I well and truly got the bug again. Just need a bigger place!! :)

Signature 

The Karmic wheel is turning ......

‹‹ Sodom      The international thread ››