Sodom
Posted: 10 March 2012 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2012-02-08

The mighty Sodom are my second favorite thrash metal band after Kreator of course. They are releasing a new album at the end of this year read here:
Sodom - Working On New Album

In War and Pieces left me half satisfied, it sounds to be too melodic. But I still have high hopes for the new one this year.

My favorite albums are Agent Orange and M-16, favorite songs just to name a few: Remember the Fallen, M-16, Vice of Killing, City of God.

Discuss everything about Sodom here!

Signature 

The posers on this Earth have no right to live
We gonna spit their brains torture is what we give.

Posted: 10 March 2012 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2012-02-29

Just like you Sodom is my favorite band right behind Kreator. In fact, they are a very close second. In War and Pieces was a good album in my opinion but didn’t really level up to some of their other releases. I can’t really order their albums in favorites, but their self-titled is one of my all time favorite albums.
They’re a very consistent band and I’m definitely looking forward to another release.

Posted: 10 March 2012 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2012-02-07

I wake up every morning by watching the video to “City of God”. I have never seen Sodom but I have always wanted to. Seeing that crowd in their video just makes me wish I was there. Sodom may be my 2nd favorite band behind Kreator as well. The problem is that I put Kreator on such a high pedestal that no other band comes close. I’m more into the older Sodom and have found that on most of their albums there are a few songs that I really dig and a few I don’t really like much at all. Sodom’s Agent Orange is still the highest selling German thrash metal album and I used to have a copy signed by Tom. Through the years…I lost it, sold it, or gave it to someone as a birthday gift. I’m old and my memory isn’t so good sometimes. My two favorite Sodom songs are City of God and Magic Dragon. My favorite cover of any band may just be Sodom’s cover of “Hazy Shade of Winter”. When my non-metal friends are over, I make sure they hear it.

Signature 

My only aim is to take many lives. The more, the better I feel!

Posted: 10 March 2012 10:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
One of Us
Rank
Joined  2012-02-08

One thing I always wanted from Sodom is to see the Lords of Depravity Part 1 and Part 2 DVD. I’ve seen the live aspect on YouTube but I’m more interested in seeing the band history from the beginning till 2009 or whatever.
Has anybody seen the band history part and how did you find it?

Signature 

Posted: 10 March 2012 10:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  427
Joined  2012-02-11
TerrorZone - 10 March 2012 10:18 PM

One thing I always wanted from Sodom is to see the Lords of Depravity Part 1 and Part 2 DVD. I’ve seen the live aspect on YouTube but I’m more interested in seeing the band history from the beginning till 2009 or whatever.

Yes. I bought them. With money. In a recordstore.

Signature 

AGAINST RELIGION AND ALL NATIONS FLAGS!

Posted: 11 March 2012 03:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
One of Us
Rank
Joined  2012-02-08

Of course you bought it, but perhaps my question was not clear. I was meant to say what are your feelings about the band history part of the DVD.

Signature 

Posted: 11 March 2012 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-11
TerrorZone - 11 March 2012 03:44 AM

Of course you bought it, but perhaps my question was not clear. I was meant to say what are your feelings about the band history part of the DVD.

Too be honest, Part 2 of the documentary was boring. I shouldn’t complain because the more information the better, right? But to watch it as entertainment: No, not much fun. It is good as a document of the band though. Part 1 was more fun.

Signature 

Posted: 11 March 2012 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
One of Us
Rank
Joined  2012-02-08

Part 1 being the earlier stage of Sodom’s history was probably more interesting?

Signature 

Posted: 11 March 2012 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-11
TerrorZone - 11 March 2012 12:09 PM

Part 1 being the earlier stage of Sodom’s history was probably more interesting?

Yes, but not only that; it feels like they lost steam in the second part. There was also more things happening in their early history with more member changes and more albums. Part 2 just goes on and on. For the serious fan I can recommend to watch it all once but it is unlikely that you would want to watch it again.

Signature 

Posted: 11 March 2012 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2012-02-06

i havent seen the 2nd dvd yet, but i own the first. i thought the documentary was pretty well done even if it was long. it made me wish that other bands i like would approach documentaries that way because i feel like every little detail was given! :) 

sodom is a great band - love those guys and they are definitely in my top 5. like most americans, i wish that they would come here, but in recent times (the last 10 years) it seems like it’s becoming less and less likely.

Signature 

*formerly “mustaine maniac” on the old forum*

Posted: 12 March 2012 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
One of Us
Rank
Joined  2012-02-08

Kreator should do a documentary, it would be really interesting to see mille, ventor and co back in the early days

Signature 

Posted: 12 March 2012 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2012-02-04
Phantom Antichrist - 10 March 2012 10:40 PM
TerrorZone - 10 March 2012 10:18 PM

Yes. I bought them. With money. In a recordstore.

Kreator should do a documentary, it would be really interesting to see mille, ventor and co back in the early days

I’ve downloaded mine to be honest. Part I putted some standards in how band documentaries should be done. TerrorZone, dude, Kreator released documentary and it’s from Live Kreation - Revisioned Glory DVD, that is almost nothing compared with Sodom’s Lords of Depravity I and II. So much information’s x) And yes I agree, Part II is little less attractive than Part I, but is definitely not for throwing!!

Anyway, Sodom was always close to Kreator in mine case, but Kreator is just KREATOOOOR :snake:

Signature 

Now rain shall wash away sad remains of man
Cities once so proud will crumble into sand
Buildings all collapse when all is done and said
The guilty ones will die with the innocent…

Posted: 12 March 2012 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Total Posts:  83
Joined  2012-02-22

Bought (with money ;-) ) them both and liked the 1st Part better as well.

And to be OT for a second,...Destruction also put one out a while back, and I realllllly enjoyed that one :kiss: