< 1 2 3 4 > 
3 of 4
Opening bands for the Kreator concert in your city…
Posted: 26 February 2012 06:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2012-02-06

bands with female singers… holy moses, nocturnal, znowhite, nuclear death, witches, detente/ fear of god, deathfist, um…. thats all i can think of at the moment that i listen to that actually sounds rad. i dont know cripper.

Signature 

*formerly “mustaine maniac” on the old forum*

Posted: 26 February 2012 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  515
Joined  2012-02-04
MPetrozzaIsGod - 26 February 2012 05:47 AM

I couldn’t find the “What are you listening to now?” topic I guess that one had run its course.

It’s in the second page of Off-Topic.Try it brother you’ll find it!!And that page shit is just under the “Home >  Forum Home…”  bar.

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 26 February 2012 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2012-02-13
dOT rOT Thrash - 26 February 2012 06:03 AM

bands with female singers… holy moses, nocturnal, znowhite, nuclear death, witches, detente/ fear of god, deathfist, um…. thats all i can think of at the moment that i listen to that actually sounds rad. i dont know cripper.

...not to mention the probably most well-known female fronted band. Arch Enemy…rings a bell? :lol:

...and of course the lovely Iron Maidens,with their 2 yummy guitarists! Good God,they’re fuckin’ hot!!!

Signature 

Quote of this week:“Metal is dead!” - Lars Ulrich

Posted: 26 February 2012 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  427
Joined  2012-02-11

Speaking of bands with female singers: I need to listen to Warlock ‘Burning the witches’ now.

Signature 

AGAINST RELIGION AND ALL NATIONS FLAGS!

Posted: 26 February 2012 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-13
Phantom Antichrist - 26 February 2012 12:56 PM

Speaking of bands with female singers: I need to listen to Warlock ‘Burning the witches’ now.

Uoooh…that’s a good album! I like that one!

Signature 

Posted: 26 February 2012 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Soul Eraser
RankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2012-02-05

I never heard of the band Cripper, but I found this.
http://www.cripper.de/

Just checked this video, but she’s petty cool, isn’t she? :-)
http://youtu.be/SmY09l6IUw0

dOT rOT Thrash - 26 February 2012 04:56 AM

well in that case, if there are shirts that are in my size (or i guess for us girls - OUR size) can you get me one? as always i’ll send you the money or trade for something ;)

I don’t think they have any girlie shirts, but regular S.  I’ll let you know when I’m really going to the show. ;-)

Posted: 26 February 2012 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2012-02-07

Wow… I know of a band that you don’t? Now I know what it feels like to be you. The reason that I brought up Cripper was because they are another German band. They toured with Overkill not too long ago. The chick can sing, too She can grunt as well. In an interview with Bobby “Blitz” from Overkill, he described her vocal range and said that she could sound like “Lamb of God” one second and then change where she sounds like an opera singer after that while hitting every note in between. Blitz can scream himself… so I had to give them a listen. They are pretty cool and definitely have their own sound.

While I think that it is impossible, I’d love to see a German show with Kreator, Sodom, and Cripper. Since Sodom is so volatile, who knows if Kreator and Sodom could get along for an entire tour. I know that Sodom and Destruction didn’t last too long. Sodom is a band that I don’t take too seriously because, to me, they are a bit strange in their songs. You never have any idea what sound you are gonna get from them. I suppose that could be a good thing to a lot of people. I will say this though. I wake up to the video of Sodom’s “City of God” video at least 2 times a week. The vid has a lot of crowd shots, and the entire crowd looks like the world’s largest moshpit. I may be an old dude, but I’m always down in the front, mixing it up with the kids in the crowd when shows come to town.

Signature 

My only aim is to take many lives. The more, the better I feel!

Posted: 26 February 2012 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06
The Clansman - 26 February 2012 10:45 AM

...not to mention the probably most well-known female fronted band. Arch Enemy…rings a bell? :lol:

i only wrote about thrash bands. and also ones that dont suck.

arch enemy is lame and overrated!

Signature 

Posted: 26 February 2012 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06

and grover - that’s weird that you never got into sodom. to be they sound pretty consistent but yet always manage to push forward. i have a really high respect for them - of the big 3 i still havent seen them which is really disappointing to me. i also love tom’s “solo” stuff “onkel tom angelripper”. it’s like straight rock n roll with classic german drinking song themes. i dont care where i am or what i’m doing, if i throw on these records i’ll instantly want to party!

Signature 

Posted: 26 February 2012 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

Maybe it sounded like I said I didn’t get into Sodom but no…. I love Sodom. They are my #2 behind Kreator. There is just a lot of Sodom that I don’t get into so much. There is NO KREATOR that I don’t like. As I said before. “City of God” starts my day a lot. The first album (vinyl) I ever bought was Sodom’s Agent Orange, autographed by Tom. When it comes to Sodom, there are a few albums that I just never got into that much, so I was downplaying my love for Sodom. My favorite Sodom songs are “City of God” and “Magic Dragon”.... and to me, their cover of “Hazy Shade of Winter” is a total masterpiece. I have never gotten to see Sodom either. That’s why I love the City of God video. I watch it…wishing I was there.

Signature 

Posted: 26 February 2012 06:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07
Yuka - 26 February 2012 03:32 PM

I never heard of the band Cripper, but I found this.
http://www.cripper.de/

Just checked this video, but she’s petty cool, isn’t she? :-)
http://youtu.be/SmY09l6IUw0

dOT rOT Thrash - 26 February 2012 04:56 AM

well in that case, if there are shirts that are in my size (or i guess for us girls - OUR size) can you get me one? as always i’ll send you the money or trade for something ;)

I don’t think they have any girlie shirts, but regular S.  I’ll let you know when I’m really going to the show. ;-)

Thanks for the links Yuka. I like Cripper but I really didn’t think that they would go over too well with this crowd.

Signature 

Posted: 26 February 2012 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-13
dOT rOT Thrash - 26 February 2012 05:57 PM

i only wrote about thrash bands. and also ones that dont suck.

arch enemy is lame and overrated!

Overrated? Maybe. Not thrash? Well,I dunno…I consider them as thrash and I don’t care what anybody says,to me AE is NOT death metal.Lame? Well,if you think about it,every band has it’s own little dorky thing…so what? I kinda like them.

Signature 

Posted: 26 February 2012 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

Awww hell. I absolutely love the Cranberries, and I’m sure most everyone thinks they are lame. When it comes to Arch Enemy… I don’t know if I could call them lame or overrated but they just aren’t my thing, that’s all. Now I have to listen to some Arch Enemy because I never really gave them a chance. I’ve heard them a bunch, I just never really gave them a chance…. I do like the way the chick’s black stuff runs down her face when they play live. Sweaty chicks are cool!

Signature 

Posted: 26 February 2012 07:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  427
Joined  2012-02-11
dOT rOT Thrash - 26 February 2012 06:01 PM

and grover - that’s weird that you never got into sodom. to be they sound pretty consistent but yet always manage to push forward. i have a really high respect for them - of the big 3 i still havent seen them which is really disappointing to me. i also love tom’s “solo” stuff “onkel tom angelripper”. it’s like straight rock n roll with classic german drinking song themes. i dont care where i am or what i’m doing, if i throw on these records i’ll instantly want to party!

When can I come over with two plastic bags full of german beer and listen to Onkel Tom and Tankard?

Signature 

AGAINST RELIGION AND ALL NATIONS FLAGS!

Posted: 26 February 2012 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06

i’m not busy today, now is good! :)  can you also bring a pizza? i’m kinda hungry at the moment.

clansy, i’m only giving you a hard time. i guess i can see why alot of people like AE, but they just never did it for me. i respect angela as a person and performer because i know she gives it her all. i just dont really care for the music or her voice. to me it’s just mediocre type stuff. awesome if you did them though!

Signature 

< 1 2 3 4 > 
3 of 4