1 2 3 > 
1 of 3
The first record you bought?
Posted: 20 February 2012 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1117
Joined  2012-02-19

And now a new fun question…what record was the first you bought. Mine was Metallcas Kill em all.

Signature 

STEVE “ZETRO” SOUZA IS KING

Posted: 20 February 2012 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2012-02-20

Hey Metal-lord, tnk u for sayin hello, unfortunately it told me i have to wait an hour before i can say hello back to u on PM.

My first metal purchase would have been CREEPING DEATH single by Metallica!
My first album was SHOW NO MERCY by SLAYER!

Signature 

TIOCHFAIDH AR LA

Posted: 20 February 2012 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19

Cool!!! The creeping death singel is very rare.

Signature 

Posted: 20 February 2012 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2012-02-20

I never knew that it was rare. I can remember playing it in front of my granny at the time! All she said was, do u listen to that!

Signature 

TIOCHFAIDH AR LA

Posted: 20 February 2012 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2012-02-05

Since when is Creeping Death rare? I know that there are some uncommon versions but you should be able to get your hands on the CD or black vinyl at a moderate price. ;)

Posted: 20 February 2012 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19

Its very rare in sweden and in many other contries

Signature 

Posted: 20 February 2012 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2012-02-05

Import? ebay? :D

Posted: 20 February 2012 09:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  427
Joined  2012-02-11
metal-lord - 20 February 2012 07:40 PM

Its very rare in sweden and in many other contries

It’s not very rare. If you visit a second hand record store and ask them they can probably get it for you. I bought it in Sweden myself and it didn’t cost too much. There are several second hand record stores around St.Eriksplan in Stockholm. I would be very surprised if you didn’t find it in any of those stores. You also have Sound pollution in Gamla stan. Or maybe you have some sale (skivmässa) closer to your home where you can find it.

Or you can have my Creeping death single in exchange for the first Bathory album with the yellow goat on the cover. ;-)

Signature 

AGAINST RELIGION AND ALL NATIONS FLAGS!

Posted: 20 February 2012 11:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2012-02-06

The first one I bought with my own money was Pantera’s Vulgar display of power, I think.

Posted: 20 February 2012 11:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-11
Jack The Viking - 20 February 2012 11:15 PM

The first one I bought with my own money was Pantera’s Vulgar display of power, I think.

Looks like you turned out OK anyway despite having a nu-metal CD as your first album. ;-)

When I was a kid I had my own basic record player and some records. My favorite band in my early years was the swedish folk-pop band Grus i dojjan and later I started digging The Boppers. I think I must have been around 8-9 years old when I started listening to heavy metal. My first heavy metal album was KISS - ‘Animalize’ which I got on the same day it was released. My mom bought it for me when I was ill and home from school. At this time I was also borrowing LP’s from my friends and Mötley Crüe’s ‘Shout at the Devil’ was a favorite.

The first album I bought myself (but who really have their own money at age 10?) was Twisted Sister’s ‘Stay Hungry’.

After that I ordered a package of albums from a record club which included: Accept’s ‘Breaker’, ‘I’m a rebel’ & ‘Metal Heart’, Madam X ‘We reserve the right’ and Venom ‘Possessed’. This was in 1985. After that I kept buying albums which I still do.

By the way, I still love every song I linked to on this page. Yes, even The Boppers! ;-)

Signature 

Posted: 21 February 2012 02:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
One of Us
Rank
Joined  2012-02-06

Whoa, you’re WAY out of line calling Pantera Nu metal. That’s just ridiculous even if it’s meant as a joke.

And I never said it was my first album. Just the first one I bought with my own money.

Phantom Antichrist - 20 February 2012 11:20 PM
Jack The Viking - 20 February 2012 11:15 PM

Looks like you turned out OK anyway despite having a nu-metal CD as your first album. ;-)

When I was a kid I had my own basic record player and some records. My favorite band in my early years was the swedish folk-pop band Grus i dojjan and later I started digging The Boppers. I think I must have been around 8-9 years old when I started listening to heavy metal. My first heavy metal album was KISS - ‘Animalize’ which I got on the same day it was released. My mom bought it for me when I was ill and home from school. At this time I was also borrowing LP’s from my friends and Mötley Crüe’s ‘Shout at the Devil’ was a favorite.

The first album I bought myself (but who really have their own money at age 10?) was Twisted Sister’s ‘Stay Hungry’.

After that I ordered a package of albums from a record club which included: Accept’s ‘Breaker’, ‘I’m a rebel’ & ‘Metal Heart’, Madam X ‘We reserve the right’ and Venom ‘Possessed’. This was in 1985. After that I kept buying albums which I still do.

By the way, I still love every song I linked to on this page. Yes, even The Boppers! ;-)

Posted: 21 February 2012 03:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2012-02-07

The first record I owned was Van Halen II. The first I actually bought was an autographed copy of Sodom’s Agent Orange.

Signature 

My only aim is to take many lives. The more, the better I feel!

Posted: 21 February 2012 03:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2012-02-06

the first record i ever bought with my own money was billy joel’s glass houses. it was the late 80’s and my dad had just gotten a CD player. i had no clue what this was because i was used to playing vinyl on a turntable. he told me i could pick out a cd and thats what i decided. i think my brother got a tom petty greatest hits. we were around the age of 5 and really excited about new technology!

...now look what happened. i manage a record store and buy way too many discs in one week. gotta thank my dad for that addiction!

Signature 

*formerly “mustaine maniac” on the old forum*

Posted: 21 February 2012 04:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-11
Jack The Viking - 21 February 2012 02:32 AM

Whoa, you’re WAY out of line calling Pantera Nu metal. That’s just ridiculous even if it’s meant as a joke.

And I never said it was my first album. Just the first one I bought with my own money.

Why would it be a ridiculous joke? Pantera inspired a lot of nu-metal bands much in the same way Helloween inspired a lot of power metal bands. But no, I don’t consider either band as part of those genres.

Signature 

Posted: 21 February 2012 04:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
One of Us
Rank
Joined  2012-02-06
Phantom Antichrist - 21 February 2012 04:03 AM

Why would it be a ridiculous joke? Pantera inspired a lot of nu-metal bands much in the same way Helloween inspired a lot of power metal bands. But no, I don’t consider either band as part of those genres.

Yeah exactly, inspired. Iron Maiden inspired Metallica in some ways. Does that make Iron Maiden thrash?

Posted: 21 February 2012 04:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-11
Jack The Viking - 21 February 2012 04:19 AM
Phantom Antichrist - 21 February 2012 04:03 AM

Yeah exactly, inspired. Iron Maiden inspired Metallica in some ways. Does that make Iron Maiden thrash?

If I wanted to keep this fight going I would answer: “No, I barely consider Metallica thrash.” but maybe it is enough jokes about a very serious subject. ;-)

Signature 

1 2 3 > 
1 of 3

‹‹ Gaming thread      Crazy kreations thread ››