1 2 > 
1 of 2
The best Live show you ever seen?
Posted: 19 February 2012 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1126
Joined  2012-02-19

What Live show is the best you have seen?

Signature 

STEVE “ZETRO” SOUZA IS KING

Posted: 19 February 2012 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2012-02-04

Exodus back in 2006 in my country. Lee Altus invited me on stage and gave me his guitar to jam with Exodus on stage and to play final riff with them of Strike Of The Beast song. And no, I didn’t imagine it. God dammit that was one thing in my life that I will never forget, still shaking when think about it. :)

Signature 

Now rain shall wash away sad remains of man
Cities once so proud will crumble into sand
Buildings all collapse when all is done and said
The guilty ones will die with the innocent…

Posted: 19 February 2012 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19

Thats awesome man!!!

Signature 

Posted: 19 February 2012 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2012-02-07

I saw Kreator on their “Hordes” tour in 2010. It was their last show in the US… you could tell they were tired. They played a short set and I was a little disappointed. Afterwards though, I went out back, got a very short tour of their bus, then I got to talk to Sami for about 30 minutes and got to briefly talk with the rest of the band as well. In a way, Sami is my hero. I’ve always been a Kreator freak… ever since my first REAL metal show which was on Kreator’s “Extreme Aggression” tour. They were a great band back then and they were my favorite band ever since seeing that show…but what they have done since Sami has joined the band has been masterful. All of the songs seem to be written perfectly to me. It seems to me that Sami made the difference. They made a great choice when they got him to play lead.

Signature 

My only aim is to take many lives. The more, the better I feel!

Posted: 19 February 2012 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19

Sami is very good. He is very melodic. And melodic thrash metal is very brutal!

Signature 

Posted: 19 February 2012 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  427
Joined  2012-02-11

I went to Japan for four shows with ACCEPT in 2005. That was the best concert-experience I’ve had so far.

The show KREATOR did in Stockholm on the Hordes of chaos-tour is one of the best shows I have been to.

Seing DIO in Västerås in 2003 and MERCYFUL FATE at Sweden Rock Festival in 1999 was perfect as well.

Signature 

AGAINST RELIGION AND ALL NATIONS FLAGS!

Posted: 19 February 2012 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2012-02-13

Oh…finally another Sami freak.Yes,his addition to the band changed a lot on their sound,and it’s all for the best.I sincerely hope he will play with them ‘til the end.

But back to topic,best live show…February 2008,Kreator in Debrecen,Hungary. I had backstage pass (courtesy to Christian and the very friendly tour manager,Richard) we ate pizza and drank red wine (which was plenty,thanks to me,providing as a gift to the band) in the dressing room,I saw Mille being happy in the first time of my life,Christian was fairly sober,and as friendly as ever,Sami was not destracted by hot chicks,and Ventor…well he was just as friendly and great as he’s ever been.Personally,I think he is the most friendliest member of the band.I completely forgot to give them my then brand-new CD cover to sign,didn’t made any pictures with the band,basically totally forgot that I’m a fan…that night,I felt myself as an actual friend of the band.And for this,I’ll be thankful forever!

KREATOR is the best!

Signature 

Quote of this week:“Metal is dead!” - Lars Ulrich

Posted: 19 February 2012 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19

Hopes Kreator comes to a place near Enköping in Sweden sometime!

Signature 

Posted: 19 February 2012 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2012-02-06

i love hearing all your stories! my hands down best out of body concert experience was in 2006 when celtic frost came back to the states for the first time. the setlist was unreal - and thanks to stoney (kreator merch guy and long time friend who was also there with celtic frost doing merch) - i got some free goodies, got to say hello to the band and get some pictures taken. tom to me has always been this untouchable hero. i have a love for him which i cant explain or put into words. that night i saw that he was a really sweet and humble guy. absolutely mind blowing!

i have a few other experiences at shows that come to mind, but this is my hands down favorite show i ever saw.

Signature 

*formerly “mustaine maniac” on the old forum*

Posted: 19 February 2012 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  427
Joined  2012-02-11
dOT rOT Thrash - 19 February 2012 05:30 PM

i love hearing all your stories! my hands down best out of body concert experience was in 2006 when celtic frost came back to the states for the first time. the setlist was unreal - and thanks to stoney (kreator merch guy and long time friend who was also there with celtic frost doing merch) - i got some free goodies, got to say hello to the band and get some pictures taken. tom to me has always been this untouchable hero. i have a love for him which i cant explain or put into words. that night i saw that he was a really sweet and humble guy. absolutely mind blowing!

i have a few other experiences at shows that come to mind, but this is my hands down favorite show i ever saw.

I went for a Celtic Frost signing once that was held in a record store. As I got inside I grabbed a Krokus-LP and handed it over to Tom G Warrior for signing. He looked at the cover with disgust and I asked: “Aren’t you that swiss metal band?”. The drummer (Sesa) jumped in and explained: “Not that swiss metal band!”. I then grinned and handed over the Celtic Frost-album I had bought the week before. Sesa laughed and went: “Yeah, that’s the one.”. Tom G Warrior didn’t look too entertained though.

Signature 

AGAINST RELIGION AND ALL NATIONS FLAGS!

Posted: 19 February 2012 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2012-02-13
Phantom Antichrist - 19 February 2012 05:49 PM

I went for a Celtic Frost signing once that was held in a record store. As I got inside I grabbed a Krokus-LP and handed it over to Tom G Warrior for signing. He looked at the cover with disgust and I asked: “Aren’t you that swiss metal band?”. The drummer (Sesa) jumped in and explained: “Not that swiss metal band!”. I then grinned and handed over the Celtic Frost-album I had bought the week before. Sesa laughed and went: “Yeah, that’s the one.”. Tom G Warrior didn’t look too entertained though.

:lol: Not bad…

Signature 

Quote of this week:“Metal is dead!” - Lars Ulrich

Posted: 20 February 2012 02:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2012-02-06

i hear that tom gets weird about certain things - but i think its because he’s a really serious person about his music and art. there’s absolutely nothing funny about any of it to him which i can understand. im waiting for the cold lake comments to come flooding in now…  (i love that album too)

i dont know - nothing has touched me the way any of his music does. the range of emotions that are brought on are often to powerful for me to handle, but thats what i love about it.

Signature 

*formerly “mustaine maniac” on the old forum*

Posted: 20 February 2012 11:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2012-02-06

Aside from every Kreator show I gotta say The Iron Maiden Somewhere back in time tour. I saw both shows in Sweden, in Stockholm and Gothenburg. It was magical!

Posted: 08 March 2012 11:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2012-02-29

Bit of an old thread, but I was browsing and thought this looked interesting.

I saw Kreator on their Hordes of Chaos pt 2 tour in Chicago. Of course, it was fantastic. My girlfriend had Mille hand her his guitar pick after the set which pretty much made me feel more emotions in 5 seconds than I felt in my whole life.
Also on the same tour was Voivod who put on a wicked show. They nearly stole the show that night.

Exodus in August 2011 was great. Sang the last chorus of Bonded By Blood with Lee and that was awesome.
Sepultura in May 2011 was incredible as well. I know there are tons of people who do nothing but rip on Sepultura without Max or Igor, but their performance was mind blowing. My girlfriend and I both got a guitar pick that night which made it so much cooler.

Posted: 09 March 2012 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Total Posts:  83
Joined  2012-02-22

OMG, way to many to list here! But to narrow it down a bit I would have to say Blind Guardian the last time they were in NA. Also Amon Amarth when they played their entire new album last year and the “new” Accept gigs were really god as well.

Posted: 02 May 2012 12:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-05-02
dOT rOT Thrash - 20 February 2012 02:07 AM

i hear that tom gets weird about certain things - but i think its because he’s a really serious person about his music and art.

Tom ‘Warrior’ to me:

“I can actually find you and kill you.”

Me: “You are joking, right?”

Tom: “I never joke. I am always serious, for I am true black metal, not a poser like all these Norwegians.”

1 2 > 
1 of 2