Religion in music.
Posted: 12 March 2012 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  429
Joined  2012-02-11
D.T. Metal - 12 March 2012 02:59 PM
Phantom Antichrist - 12 March 2012 01:36 PM

I know Pelle, Håkan and Erik a bit since we come from the same town and they used to come to the bar where I DJ’d. Håkan also used to play in my friend’s band (Die Hard). I have a photo of me Erik and Hasse (Die Hard) in the ‘What do you look like?’-thread. Did you see it?

Yes Sir, I did ;-)
So, do you also know the guys from In Solitude then? Believe they are also from Uppsala.

I am not sure actually. I think I am friendly with a couple of them but I hardly know who’s in the band. They are a bit young aren’t they? I know the guys who were in Defleshed a bit. Matte used to play in Dark Funeral as well. Gustav is playing with Raubtier now.

Signature 

AGAINST RELIGION AND ALL NATIONS FLAGS!

Posted: 12 March 2012 07:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  435
Joined  2012-02-07

I guess that I’m happy a thread of mine actually got some use (it was actually Phantom Antichrist’s idea). I didn’t want a holy war to be started, though. I hope we are all going to be friends after this. Having an argument over someone that follows Christ but listens to metal with anti-Christian themes is not dumb at all. Just try not to lose sight of the fact that at the end of this, I will still read my Bible daily, still pray multiple times daily, and still be a big fan of King Diamond and Mercyful Fate as well as Deicide and others. I’ll always see music as an artist’s interpretation of something that they may or may not seriously believe in. I’m not trying to make this all about me, but I feel as if this thread has just started a fight.

Faith is something that sometimes isn’t all black and white. Especially when others are questioning it. Your faith is something that is your own and no one knows the whole story about. If you want to think I’m hypocritical, that is fine with me. After all, I have heard Tom Araya and Dave Mustaine both called hypocritical in this thread if I remember correctly. Just remember… nothing said here is going to change the way that I feel and nothing said here will make me think any less of any of you. I realize completely that a Christian in the front row of a Deicide show seems odd. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, too. My stand is simple. Music is art and art is not supposed to have religion to judge it. Just so I can say this about Deicide… I loved their first album. The rest is only so-so in my book. I just use them in talking about this because of the controversy that has surrounded them and I have had the chance to meet them on more than a few occasions (I even sat with them and watched Slayer play live once). They are not one of my favorite bands at all. I am and have always been a Kreator freak. Some of you are here because you like Kreator. I am here because they are the absolute best band I have ever heard. I’ll try to stay away from this topic for a bit…..

Signature 

My only aim is to take many lives. The more, the better I feel!

Posted: 12 March 2012 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-11
MPetrozzaIsGod - 12 March 2012 07:49 PM

I guess that I’m happy a thread of mine actually got some use (it was actually Phantom Antichrist’s idea). I didn’t want a holy war to be started, though. I hope we are all going to be friends after this. Having an argument over someone that follows Christ but listens to metal with anti-Christian themes is not dumb at all. Just try not to lose sight of the fact that at the end of this, I will still read my Bible daily, still pray multiple times daily, and still be a big fan of King Diamond and Mercyful Fate as well as Deicide and others. I’ll always see music as an artist’s interpretation of something that they may or may not seriously believe in. I’m not trying to make this all about me, but I feel as if this thread has just started a fight.

Faith is something that sometimes isn’t all black and white. Especially when others are questioning it. Your faith is something that is your own and no one knows the whole story about. If you want to think I’m hypocritical, that is fine with me. After all, I have heard Tom Araya and Dave Mustaine both called hypocritical in this thread if I remember correctly. Just remember… nothing said here is going to change the way that I feel and nothing said here will make me think any less of any of you. I realize completely that a Christian in the front row of a Deicide show seems odd. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, too. My stand is simple. Music is art and art is not supposed to have religion to judge it. Just so I can say this about Deicide… I loved their first album. The rest is only so-so in my book. I just use them in talking about this because of the controversy that has surrounded them and I have had the chance to meet them on more than a few occasions (I even sat with them and watched Slayer play live once). They are not one of my favorite bands at all. I am and have always been a Kreator freak. Some of you are here because you like Kreator. I am here because they are the absolute best band I have ever heard. I’ll try to stay away from this topic for a bit…..

I don’t think you are hypocitical because you are a christian who likes non-religious music. If I had that view I would not allow myself to listen to Bach or Händel since it is music made in the christian tradition.

I used to think it was hypocrisy to call yourself a christian without actually believing in the Bible (or just picking and choosing the bits and pieces that you liked) but I no longer consider that to be any more silly than to actually believe in everything that is written there.

As for Araya I think it is obvious what I mean in my second post since I don’t think it is true to say that the lyrics I quoted was “only fantasy”. It is clear that those lyrics are hostile to religion. When you preach one thing and then act contrary to that; I think that is the definition of a hypocrite, isn’t it? However, you can still enjoy the music without having to agree with the lyrics. I see no contradiction there.

For those of you who is fascinated with this topic I recommend this debate about religion and culture. I think most of you will find it too academic, long and dull though.

Signature 

Posted: 12 March 2012 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

I agree with you, Clansy….about people finding the other debate about religion “too academic, long, and dull. I like the Christopher Hutchins stuff though. I know…....” a Christian shouldn’t like something like that”. The dude is obviously a genius, though and I love hearing is ideas and his wit as well. I may be a “Bible banger” but I have strong feelings about “free thinking”. Everyone should at least hear the dude speak once. I have been listening to him ever since he was first mentioned here. He’s pretty funny when he tries to be as well. Definitely worth a listen!

Signature 

Posted: 13 March 2012 12:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2012-02-13
MPetrozzaIsGod - 12 March 2012 10:44 PM

I agree with you, Clansy….about people finding the other debate about religion “too academic, long, and dull. I like the Christopher Hutchins stuff though. I know…....” a Christian shouldn’t like something like that”. The dude is obviously a genius, though and I love hearing is ideas and his wit as well. I may be a “Bible banger” but I have strong feelings about “free thinking”. Everyone should at least hear the dude speak once. I have been listening to him ever since he was first mentioned here. He’s pretty funny when he tries to be as well. Definitely worth a listen!

Ummm….what???

Signature 

Quote of this week:“Metal is dead!” - Lars Ulrich

Posted: 13 March 2012 01:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-11
MPetrozzaIsGod - 12 March 2012 10:44 PM

That debate is the last one he did. You can tell that he is very sick. But it is nice to see him getting standing ovations at the end of the video. He did one more public performance after this which was when he accepted a price and held a small speech and answered some questions from the audience. I like this comment from him after losing a lot of weight after his struggle with cancer.

Signature 

Posted: 13 March 2012 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

Ummm….what???

Oops…I said Clansy and meant P.A.  Alcohol kills brain cells and those quote boxes make me lose my place sometimes.
Hutchins was first mentioned here on the “atheist” thread (I believe). Ever since then I have been watching the dude talk on YouTube.  I figure most people here wouldn’t want to watch a debate like that…. I watched it though. I just think that everyone should give Hutchins a listen, that’s all. I’m sorry if I was confusing. I was drinking Guinness when I wrote that comment, though. I don’t drink much anymore. I start to go cross-eyed after 4 bottles of Guinness nowadays.

I have got to start using emoticons, though….very sexy, brother, very sexy! Hahahaha

Signature 

Posted: 13 March 2012 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2012-02-13
MPetrozzaIsGod - 13 March 2012 04:01 PM

I was drinking Guinness when I wrote that comment, though. I don’t drink much anymore. I start to go cross-eyed after 4 bottles of Guinness nowadays.

Eeeewww…how can you drink that crap? Guiness sucks. I’ve tried it once…

Signature 

Quote of this week:“Metal is dead!” - Lars Ulrich

Posted: 14 March 2012 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07
The Clansman - 13 March 2012 07:45 PM
MPetrozzaIsGod - 13 March 2012 04:01 PM

I was drinking Guinness when I wrote that comment, though. I don’t drink much anymore. I start to go cross-eyed after 4 bottles of Guinness nowadays.

Eeeewww…how can you drink that crap? Guiness sucks. I’ve tried it once…

It’s strange… I used to run from beer like Guinness. Now it is the only thing I really drink that is alcoholic, except for Dom B&B which is a liqueur that is a mix of French Cognac and Benedictine liqueur made by monks. Good stuff if you can handle paying about $35 for a small bottle, which I can’t. Being that I said “monks”, that made this comment sort of on topic, right?

Guinness: a perfect mix of motor oil and vaseline… yummy!

Signature 

Posted: 14 March 2012 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Total Posts:  83
Joined  2012-02-22
MPetrozzaIsGod - 14 March 2012 04:05 PM

Guinness: a perfect mix of motor oil and vaseline… yummy!

HaHaHa,...good point, but I am with Clansy on this one,...tried it once and just couldn’t get into it.

And to totally stay off topic ;-)
after bringing up Deicide more then once in this thread,.... I just happen to score an interview with Glen while they tour here in North America,....HaHaHaHa,.....coincidence? I think not ... LOL

Posted: 14 March 2012 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
Soul Eraser
RankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2012-03-06
WeGiveyouPain - 11 March 2012 05:18 PM
Tormentor - 11 March 2012 05:07 PM
WeGiveyouPain - 11 March 2012 04:21 PM

If you examine and consider it as Belief as a subject,it doesn’t matter what you call it as,God,myself,nature…

Belief isn’t a subject!!! Every religious idiot want subject to worship ... :lol:
Don’t want to waste my time! ;-)

Well,you are so closed to discuss or listen others ideas. Last words,someone worship to his God and he is doing it because he wants to feel safe and relax,he just wants to be alone.as a non-believer sometimes you also want to be alone and think about life,you are also doing it because you want to feel safe and relax. Whatever don’t read it please I’m just a restless stupid funny guy. :D

You are very funny neighbor! ;-)

Posted: 15 March 2012 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  515
Joined  2012-02-04
Tormentor - 14 March 2012 08:42 PM
WeGiveyouPain - 11 March 2012 05:18 PM
Tormentor - 11 March 2012 05:07 PM
WeGiveyouPain - 11 March 2012 04:21 PM

If you examine and consider it as Belief as a subject,it doesn’t matter what you call it as,God,myself,nature…

Belief isn’t a subject!!! Every religious idiot want subject to worship ... :lol:
Don’t want to waste my time! ;-)

Well,you are so closed to discuss or listen others ideas. Last words,someone worship to his God and he is doing it because he wants to feel safe and relax,he just wants to be alone.as a non-believer sometimes you also want to be alone and think about life,you are also doing it because you want to feel safe and relax. Whatever don’t read it please I’m just a restless stupid funny guy. :D

You are very funny neighbor! ;-)

We found God guys,it’s alive and hangs out in Kreator board.

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 16 March 2012 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
Soul Eraser
RankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2012-03-06
WeGiveyouPain - 15 March 2012 02:28 PM

Yes! God is in the forum of Kreator, in the name of our friend MPetrozzaIsGod. Strange, I thought that Lemmy is God, but became Mille! He is a new and young god!
And the problem, how to sing Enemy Of God when Mille is a god? Mille urgently needs to remake the song ... :lol:

Posted: 16 March 2012 07:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  515
Joined  2012-02-04
Tormentor - 16 March 2012 07:21 PM
WeGiveyouPain - 15 March 2012 02:28 PM

Yes! God is in the forum of Kreator, in the name of our friend MPetrozzaIsGod. Strange, I thought that Lemmy is God, but became Mille! He is a new and young god!
And the problem, how to sing Enemy Of God when Mille is a god? Mille urgently needs to remake the song ... :lol:

Maybe his worst enemy is himself.Like many others.

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 16 March 2012 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

Hell, I’m not God. Mille is my music God. Are you allowed to have a music God? After hanging out with all of you, I’ll be destined for hell anyway, so what difference does it make? Time to rise the Flag of Hate!

Signature 

‹ First  < 5 6 7 8 9 > 
7 of 9

‹‹ Vegan Black Metal Chef      Webtrash ››