‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›
5 of 9
Religion in music.
Posted: 10 March 2012 07:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Total Posts:  83
Joined  2012-02-22

treading lightly here ,.... and by no means any offense to you and your religious beliefs,....BUT

I just can’t see how a devoured Christian (and btw. a word way to overused, read below) can read the bible and listen to Deicide at the same time. Sorry man, unless you were NOT raised that way and found faith later on in life.

If one is raised and followed the path their whole life and there is no temptation to listen to music that portrays images and lyrics that are anti-god.

But hey, that’s my opinion and I was raised catholic a long time ago, before I did stray .... LOL

I think it’s great that you like (love) Kreator and any other kick ass thrash, death band known to man and I do not want to offend you with this post,...and if it reads kinda funny it’s because english is NOT my first language….so you might take everything I say with a grain of salt as well…<3

OF: And about the word “Christian”....“so what religion are you?” “Christian!”....NO FAIL,...Christian is not a religion, you are either catholic, protestant or what ever but not Christian,...urks me to death when people say that….

Posted: 10 March 2012 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  427
Joined  2012-02-11
D.T. Metal - 10 March 2012 07:04 PM

treading lightly here ,.... and by no means any offense to you and your religious beliefs,....BUT

OF: And about the word “Christian”....“so what religion are you?” “Christian!”....NO FAIL,...Christian is not a religion, you are either catholic, protestant or what ever but not Christian,...urks me to death when people say that….

You could make the same argument about calling yourself any of those. There are still a myriad of different movements within those traditions. I think it is OK to call yourself christian. There are after all so many different ways you can believe. It is even OK to say that you just believe in God. Or just “something”.

I think there is a growing group of people who don’t want to limit themselves to one holy book but rather want to have their own personaly faith. I used to think these people were the worst hypocrites but actually; these are the best believers because they could never be organized which means that, unless they are schizophrenic, they are harmless.

Since I don’t want to be caught being off-topic I will post this awful song for you all to listen to.

Signature 

AGAINST RELIGION AND ALL NATIONS FLAGS!

Posted: 10 March 2012 09:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Soul Eraser
RankRank
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2012-03-06
WeGiveyouPain - 10 March 2012 05:16 PM

Don’t see it as arguing or judging,it’s just sharing thoughts.Actually you and MPetrozzaIsGod are saying nearly same things,I mean both of you don’t like global religions and politicians,governments and both of you have your own belief.Just because the names you use are different you seem against.I also don’t believe anyone from this world,also I hate people because they are the real enemies of God and they destroyed the world,they destroyed the love,purity and nature what God gave us to live in.And now I see there are two man with same thoughts but seem against,just because of the names that human race gave to the concepts and thoughts,human race classify everything and make people classified even they don’t want.
Damn Grover you made me really ashamed… Maybe you are right but I still can’t see them as thrashers,they are just like war!!war!!kill!!destroy fuck governments fuck religion.So?What should we do or why? They don’t have idea about it and man he uses the most expensive guitar in the fucking world as a thrash metal band member.Dean guitars are for rednecks man,you can save half of the world with a Dean guitar!! haha Time to bullshit for me,don’t take these words serious I just get angry because of the where Mille listens his newest album!!

First - I do not believe in gods!
Second - I believe in myself!
Third - I do not hate people!

:)

Posted: 10 March 2012 09:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  515
Joined  2012-02-04

Alright,you love people because they use religions as reasons for wars.Love them they are really good. :)
you are making yourself God,this concepts again,this is just terms about concepts,you don’t believe in God you believe yourself,to conclude you believe.

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 10 March 2012 09:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Soul Eraser
RankRank
Joined  2012-03-06
WeGiveyouPain - 10 March 2012 09:28 PM

Alright,you love people because they use religions as reasons for wars.Love them they are really good. :)
you are making yourself God,this concepts again,this is just terms about concepts,you don’t believe in God you believe yourself,to conclude you believe.

Well I did not say that I love you all. There are hippies for that ... Ha-ha :lol:

Fourth - I’m not god! This is ridiculous! You’re a funny guy! :lol:

Posted: 11 March 2012 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-22
Phantom Antichrist - 10 March 2012 07:28 PM

You could make the same argument about calling yourself any of those. There are still a myriad of different movements within those traditions. I think it is OK to call yourself christian. There are after all so many different ways you can believe. It is even OK to say that you just believe in God. Or just “something”.

I think there is a growing group of people who don’t want to limit themselves to one holy book but rather want to have their own personaly faith. I used to think these people were the worst hypocrites but actually; these are the best believers because they could never be organized which means that, unless they are schizophrenic, they are harmless.

Since I don’t want to be caught being off-topic I will post this awful song for you all to listen to.

I have no issue with Christians…..but it is NOT a religion, it’s a belief in something, that was my point.
And with the growing number of “discrepancies” within any organized religious group I can understand why alot of folks just call themselves Christian and not hey I’m catholic.
For me it’s easy,...everyone to their own,...I wont judge if one believes in God, Satan, Allah or nothing at all,...

Posted: 11 March 2012 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04
Tormentor - 10 March 2012 09:37 PM

Well I did not say that I love you all. There are hippies for that ... Ha-ha :lol:

Fourth - I’m not god! This is ridiculous! You’re a funny guy! :lol:

You don’t believe God but yourself.Anyway still you believe,this is a belief,right? What’s the “ridiculous” part?

You believe in yourself instead of God,if you don’t why did you tell me “I don’t believe in God.I believe in myself.”

If you examine and consider it as Belief as a subject,it doesn’t matter what you call it as,God,myself,nature…

No one called you as God,this is so ridiculous that you understand it like that.And waht’s God,if you don’t believe yourself but God,will be a difference? Will God come your house and celebrate you?

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 11 March 2012 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Soul Eraser
RankRank
Joined  2012-03-06
WeGiveyouPain - 11 March 2012 04:21 PM

If you examine and consider it as Belief as a subject,it doesn’t matter what you call it as,God,myself,nature…

Belief isn’t a subject!!! Every religious idiot want subject to worship ... :lol:
Don’t want to waste my time! ;-)

Posted: 11 March 2012 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04
Tormentor - 11 March 2012 05:07 PM
WeGiveyouPain - 11 March 2012 04:21 PM

Belief isn’t a subject!!! Every religious idiot want subject to worship ... :lol:
Don’t want to waste my time! ;-)

Well,you are so closed to discuss or listen others ideas. Last words,someone worship to his God and he is doing it because he wants to feel safe and relax,he just wants to be alone.as a non-believer sometimes you also want to be alone and think about life,you are also doing it because you want to feel safe and relax. Whatever don’t read it please I’m just a restless stupid funny guy. :D

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 11 March 2012 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2012-02-07

I just can’t see how a devoured Christian (and btw. a word way to overused, read below) can read the bible and listen to Deicide at the same time. Sorry man, unless you were NOT raised that way and found faith later on in life.

If one is raised and followed the path their whole life and there is no temptation to listen to music that portrays images and lyrics that are anti-god.

But hey, that’s my opinion and I was raised catholic a long time ago, before I did stray .... LOL

I think it’s great that you like (love) Kreator and any other kick ass thrash, death band known to man and I do not want to offend you with this post,...and if it reads kinda funny it’s because english is NOT my first language….so you might take everything I say with a grain of salt as well…<3

Well…. I was RAISED as a Fundamental Baptist. That really is just a way of saying strict values and following the words of the Bible as they are written. As I got older, I changed to what we call “Southern Baptist” which is just a way of saying that it was started in the southern US. Southern Baptists are not as strict and read the bible to make their own views and decisions of what is truly meant. As you know, the Bible has been changed a lot and sometimes people argue over what is really trying to be said in it. The Southern Baptist denomination is the 2nd largest Christian denomination in the U.S. Here in the US, we have a lot of Catholics and their numbers are still growing due to our immigration, especially where I live. Almost all Latinos are Catholics and Florida has a large Latino population. I don’t consider myself a member of any denomination. I rarely attend church and I do not have a church of my own. My beliefs are a bit different than any of the fundamentalist or southern denominations and I am big on free thinking, which has always been looked down upon by all Christian religions. Now… I can keep going, but do you now see why I simply used the term Christian instead of saying what I am and what I’m not? I am not a part of any Christian denomination but I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. What would you like to call my religious faction? This is not a one man conspiracy of me against the world. I have my beliefs and I don’t like the idea of congregation when my beliefs can differ so much from the brother next to me.

Being that you were raised Catholic, I can see why you have an issue with it (even though my best friend is Catholic and listens to the same metal that I listen to). It is really simple and I truly am sorry that you don’t understand it. I do not mix my religion with music or art of any kind for that matter. In the past, the Catholic Church killed people that had my outlook. That is a big reason why we have Protestant religions now. In the US, we are free to practice any religion we want. I am simply a believer of Jesus Christ. I believe that there is only one way to God and it is through faith in Jesus. I’m sorry if you think that anyone with my views should not be listening to metal. I can’t force you to figure it out but I can say it once again. Music is art and I don’t feel like expressing one’s self or their views through art has anything to do with religion. If it does, it doesn’t affect MY views on my religion or my beliefs. I really can’t believe that none of you have friends that have Christian beliefs that also listen to metal. 90% of the world believes in some kind of God. Why is it so hard to believe that a Christian can throw aside his beliefs and views when it comes to someone else’s self expression through art?

Oh…and from way before…Christianity never killed or poisoned anyone or anything. People used Christianity and have fought and killed in the name of God and Jesus both. It is not the fault of Christianity. Trust me… if there was no Christianity, you would have learned that the killings were for another reason. There just happens to be no better reason to blame killing than killing in the name of God.

...and to your question about “What religion do I follow”?  I follow none. I am a “Christian” which means that I believe in Jesus Christ. You can’t label me or my family. We all pray together every day. We pray to god through Jesus. If I was forced to pick, I would say that I am a Southern Baptist. There is a fundamentalist nature of each denomination. If Fundamentalist Baptist was at the far left and Southern Baptist was in the center of the line, I would be to the far right. Yes… I am a Baptist, but the way Baptist churches have changed over the past 20 years, me calling myself a Baptist may not be exactly fair to the Baptists. And don’t think I am upset or offended. I really didn’t want to get into my beliefs 100%, but I have somehow been forced to. I am peace loving, tolerant, aware and supportive of free thinking and at the same time, you find me in the front row of the local death metal show bashing my skull on the stage if it is close enough. AND I don’t mix art and religion and I consider music to be art.

Signature 

My only aim is to take many lives. The more, the better I feel!

Posted: 11 March 2012 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2012-02-07

My computer had a small malfunction while writing and editing this previous message. when it did , I sent it so I wouldn’t lose what I wrote. If something sounds screwy besides me, in general, I apologize. Wow! Now that I see it, I think the quote icon was hit a few times by accident. Sorry about that.

Signature 

My only aim is to take many lives. The more, the better I feel!

Posted: 11 March 2012 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-22

Holy crap, I saw the quoted post and was like….I did not write that all….LOL….and I agree, when one has to write a lot this BBB code sucks ;-)

MPetrozzaIsGod - 11 March 2012 05:19 PM

....As I got older, I changed to what we call “Southern Baptist” .....but do you now see why I simply used the term Christian instead of saying what I am and what I’m not?...

Got it, but this was not personally meant to you,...just a general rant that Christian is NOT a religion ;-)

...Being that you were raised Catholic, I can see why you have an issue with it (even though my best friend is Catholic and listens to the same metal that I listen to). It is really simple and I truly am sorry that you don’t understand it. I do not mix my religion with music or art of any kind for that matter…

I don’t have an issue with that at all. And I was not talking about your everyday Catholic, but rather the most faithfull ones, who do live their lifes according to the Bible, no meat on Fridays, church every day and shit like that. That was my point,...and THOSE are the ones who should not even be tempted to listen to that kind of music. That was worded maybe weird, hope you know what I mean.

...I’m sorry if you think that anyone with my views should not be listening to metal…

And I said that when? I said that I just can’t see it, I never said that you should not be listening to metal…. Big difference ;-)

...Music is art and I don’t feel like expressing one’s self or their views through art has anything to do with religion. If it does, it doesn’t affect MY views on my religion or my beliefs. I really can’t believe that none of you have friends that have Christian beliefs that also listen to metal. 90% of the world believes in some kind of God. Why is it so hard to believe that a Christian can throw aside his beliefs and views when it comes to someone else’s self expression through art?...

hmmm,...OK,..when you say “metal” you mean “metal” that has anti-god lyrics and images, right? ‘Cause if not that whole conversation is mute, since this is what I am talking about….:-)
Anyhoo,...totally agree that music in any shape or form is Art, BUT if an artist is constantly putting down my beliefs, be it in words or images, and dissing my god, then I will not listen to that type of music. That was my point !!! That’s why I can’t see how one can read the bible and then listen to Deicide for example and it doesn’t effect them somehow. Does that make sense?
Not that I am one to judge, but it sounds kinds hypocritical to me.

...And don’t think I am upset or offended. I really didn’t want to get into my beliefs 100%, but I have somehow been forced to….

You are neither upsetting or offending anybody, well at least not me,....I take this whole thing as a healthy discussion, nothing more, nothing less. And I think it’s great that you and your family are praying together,...like I said, it’s a personal choice,...and I hope with my responses I didn’t piss you and your faith off, ....

Posted: 11 March 2012 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04
D.T. Metal - 11 March 2012 07:14 PM

Anyhoo,...totally agree that music in any shape or form is Art, BUT if an artist is constantly putting down my beliefs, be it in words or images, and dissing my god, then I will not listen to that type of music.

When they put down Christ,Christianity or something like this,it don’t affect the listener actually.That’s because they try to express what they see,I mean the God or Christ which they see and which listener see are exactly different.
I can say fuck the God because all the wars was started for God’s sake.Then I write a song and say fuck the God,fuck the whole wars which are for sake of God.Then someone listen it and say,“Oh he says fuck the God,he is an anti-Christ!!!”,on the other hand someone listen the song and say “Actually his rage and anger is not for the God,you see he blames God for starting wars,but it wasn’t God at all,it was mankind.” And first person don’t listen this song,nobody expect it because first is believing in God,however second one is also believing in God but he thinks the artist doesn’t target the God,his target is mankind or real reason behind the wars.
I hope this will help you little bit.This’s just about thinking,this is just about what you understand when you hear God.

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 11 March 2012 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-22
WeGiveyouPain - 11 March 2012 07:28 PM

When they put down Christ,Christianity or something like this,it don’t affect the listener actually.That’s because they try to express what they see,I mean the God or Christ which they see and which listener see are exactly different.

Well,...let’s agree to disagree on this one ;-)
Using Glen as an example,...if he is calling “my god” a fake and dissing him, then you can bet your ass I will take that personal and NOT think about what Deicide is trying to say… just saying.

Posted: 11 March 2012 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-22

And just to be perfectly clear about one thing !!!

ME = not religious at all,... do I believe in “something”,...maybe depending on my mood I guess.
And with ME also being one of the biggest WATAIN fans,....well, do the math.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›
5 of 9

‹‹ Vegan Black Metal Chef      Webtrash ››