‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›
4 of 9
Religion in music.
Posted: 10 March 2012 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Soul Eraser
RankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2012-03-06

Everyone is free to believe in whatever he wants ... If I say that Mickey Mouse is a god all men will decide I’m crazy, but if someone says that Jesus is the Son of God is truth! And just because it is a fantastic book hero! Fantastic friend, I mean Jesus Christ. No need to believe it to be good man! I do not want to argue about anything ... Different people, different points of view! I have no problem with that! :lol:

Posted: 10 March 2012 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  435
Joined  2012-02-07
WeGiveyouPain - 10 March 2012 04:59 PM
Tormentor - 10 March 2012 03:23 PM

Organized religion is only one slave tool for politicians and rulers! I love Kreator because they are far from the imbecility of clowns like Dave Mustaine & Tom Araya! :coolsmile:

You made me smile,thanks for saying that!!! haha
And Grover is right,just come to the Atheist-Enemies Of God topic and say about religion in there,you got good view!! :)

Which part? The rulers and politician parts or him calling Tom Araya and Dave Mustaine clowns? Haha
I still dig Slayer and Megadeth both. You know me…I don’t pay any attention to their political or religious views… I saw Slayer and Megadeth once playing with Anthrax and Alice in Chains. It was before you were born, Goktug. LMAO….You kids are too funny. I’m just old though, what would I know?

Signature 

My only aim is to take many lives. The more, the better I feel!

Posted: 10 March 2012 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  515
Joined  2012-02-04

Don’t see it as arguing or judging,it’s just sharing thoughts.Actually you and MPetrozzaIsGod are saying nearly same things,I mean both of you don’t like global religions and politicians,governments and both of you have your own belief.Just because the names you use are different you seem against.I also don’t believe anyone from this world,also I hate people because they are the real enemies of God and they destroyed the world,they destroyed the love,purity and nature what God gave us to live in.And now I see there are two man with same thoughts but seem against,just because of the names that human race gave to the concepts and thoughts,human race classify everything and make people classified even they don’t want.
Damn Grover you made me really ashamed… Maybe you are right but I still can’t see them as thrashers,they are just like war!!war!!kill!!destroy fuck governments fuck religion.So?What should we do or why? They don’t have idea about it and man he uses the most expensive guitar in the fucking world as a thrash metal band member.Dean guitars are for rednecks man,you can save half of the world with a Dean guitar!! haha Time to bullshit for me,don’t take these words serious I just get angry because of the where Mille listens his newest album!!

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 10 March 2012 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07
Tormentor - 10 March 2012 05:09 PM

Everyone is free to believe in whatever he wants ... If I say that Mickey Mouse is a god all men will decide I’m crazy, but if someone says that Jesus is the Son of God is truth! And just because it is a fantastic book hero! Fantastic friend, I mean Jesus Christ. No need to believe it to be good man! I do not want to argue about anything ... Different people, different points of view! I have no problem with that! :lol:

No one is arguing. Of course you don’t have to believe in Jesus to be a good man. I do though. That’s what faith is all about. Jesus is a fantastic friend to millions, even if he is just a character in a book. I have 2 daughters. If becoming Muslim and praising Allah makes them better people, then I’m all for it. Do I need to start singing “Faith” now? When I say “Faith”, I mean the song by George Michael, not that dumb version by some band called Limp Bisquick or some crap. Hee Hee!

I heard the other day that 90% of the world believes in a God of some sorts…Do you think that figure is accurate?

Signature 

Posted: 10 March 2012 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07
WeGiveyouPain - 10 March 2012 05:16 PM

Don’t see it as arguing or judging,it’s just sharing thoughts.Actually you and MPetrozzaIsGod are saying nearly same things,I mean both of you don’t like global religions and politicians,governments and both of you have your own belief.Just because the names you use are different you seem against.I also don’t believe anyone from this world,also I hate people because they are the real enemies of God and they destroyed the world,they destroyed the love,purity and nature what God gave us to live in.And now I see there are two man with same thoughts but seem against,just because of the names that human race gave to the concepts and thoughts,human race classify everything and make people classified even they don’t want.
Damn Grover you made me really ashamed… Maybe you are right but I still can’t see them as thrashers,they are just like war!!war!!kill!!destroy fuck governments fuck religion.So?What should we do or why? They don’t have idea about it and man he uses the most expensive guitar in the fucking world as a thrash metal band member.Dean guitars are for rednecks man,you can save half of the world with a Dean guitar!! haha Time to bullshit for me,don’t take these words serious I just get angry because of the where Mille listens his newest album!!

Brother… trust me… no one listens to us. We are the Hoarde idiots here! lol
Oh…My Wendy is 100% redneck. Don’t forget that! LMFAO. Good to see you, brother!!!

Signature 

Posted: 10 March 2012 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Total Posts:  83
Joined  2012-02-22

ok,....first off,....yo Clansy - that’s it! I will delete you from my FB friends for NOT liking PTK ... :P

second,...after reading thru all of this and before I even attempt to comment,....

are we talking about how we as the listener interpret “religion in music” or are we speaking of how the artist is using “religion in music” ...

sorry folks, this was way to much reading all at once ;-)

Posted: 10 March 2012 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04
MPetrozzaIsGod - 10 March 2012 05:22 PM

No one is arguing. Of course you don’t have to believe in Jesus to be a good man. I do though. That’s what faith is all about. Jesus is a fantastic friend to millions, even if he is just a character in a book. I have 2 daughters. If becoming Muslim and praising Allah makes them better people, then I’m all for it. Do I need to start singing “Faith” now? When I say “Faith”, I mean the song by George Michael, not that dumb version by some band called Limp Bisquick or some crap. Hee Hee!

I heard the other day that 90% of the world believes in a God of some sorts…Do you think that figure is accurate?

Grover just look at my rank brother!!
And if I can call you as Brother I can be a Christian!! God is not a figure man don’ say that to him,he is gettin angry when you say like this… :)

By the way,Grover I both listened George Michael and Lionel Richie…My first real music tracks was George Michael-Careless Whispers Lionel Richie-Hello Falco-Jenny and Eagles-Hotel California.They were at the same folder and once I heard of them I just started to listen music.It was childish years of course,I just got five or six songs of Richie and discography of the Eagles,you know I’m a bit hard even at the beginning! haha

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 10 March 2012 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07
D.T. Metal - 10 March 2012 05:28 PM

ok,....first off,....yo Clansy - that’s it! I will delete you from my FB friends for NOT liking PTK ... :P

second,...after reading thru all of this and before I even attempt to comment,....

are we talking about how we as the listener interpret “religion in music” or are we speaking of how the artist is using “religion in music” ...

I know, it is out of hand a bit. When I wrote the original thread, I was talking more of how satanism is thrown into the mix and how a Christian like myself can dig this kind of music. I’m 100% metalhead.

But people took this thread for a ride and this is what it came to.

Signature 

Posted: 10 March 2012 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04
D.T. Metal - 10 March 2012 05:28 PM

We are just the kings of off-topic!! actually at last page we are talking about religion itself and there’s a topic for it but it’s title is just like “Atheists-enemies of God” and it makes me feel not so good,I don’t want to write something under this title,I’m enemy of modern human race and don’t care concepts like atheism deism,they are just the crap of science,that fuckers are trying to classify phiolosophy too,just like science.Idiots!!

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 10 March 2012 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

By the way,Grover I both listened George Michael and Lionel Richie…My first real music tracks was George Michael-Careless Whispers Lionel Richie-Hello Falco-Jenny and Eagles-Hotel California.They were at the same folder and once I heard of them I just started to listen music.It was childish years of course,I just got five or six songs of Richie and discography of the Eagles,you know I’m a bit hard even at the beginning! haha

I like George Michael… just don’t tell anyone. The last CD I bought was Lionel Ritchie’s Greatest Hits. I’m 100% metalhead but only 60% of the time.

Signature 

Posted: 10 March 2012 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-22

OK to the kings of off-topic ...

In my opinion, if one is a TRUE follower of the faith, then I can’t see how one would even listen to bands that have even the slightest anti-religion lyrics or images. PERIOD !!!

I also don’t think that bands these days write lyrics with religious thoughts in mind, well unless they ARE a spiritual band either christian or satanic.

Most people read way, way to much into the “meaning”, “underlying msg.” and shit like that when they read lyrics by a band. Take it as it is: ART expressed by a performer!!!

Posted: 10 March 2012 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04
D.T. Metal - 10 March 2012 06:05 PM

Most people read way, way to much into the “meaning”, “underlying msg.” and shit like that when they read lyrics by a band. Take it as it is: ART expressed by a performer!!!

Don’t you think this is a little injustice? Some bands have really clear thoughts and views.They have both art and phiolosophy in their music.Beyond single art .I think,of course…

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 10 March 2012 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-22
WeGiveyouPain - 10 March 2012 06:11 PM

Don’t you think this is a little injustice? Some bands have really clear thoughts and views.They have both art and phiolosophy in their music.Beyond single art .I think,of course…

Some do, but most don’t. Every band has a general idea of what the lyrical content should be and what they want to bring over to the fans. But I don’t think their religious beliefs play any role in it. (again, unless this is their angle)

Posted: 10 March 2012 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04
D.T. Metal - 10 March 2012 06:17 PM

Some do, but most don’t. Every band has a general idea of what the lyrical content should be and what they want to bring over to the fans. But I don’t think their religious beliefs play any role in it. (again, unless this is their angle)

I got what you say now,of course I also think that religious views not included so much.

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 10 March 2012 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

I take it as art expressed by a performer, I am a Christian. I don’t see the issue with listening to bands that have anti-Christian lyrics just as I have no disrespect for people that bash Christianity. As I have said before, I follow my own path and I consider it a “Christian” path. See another thing about me is that I beware all “true believers”. The only person in this world that I know is myself. I love listening to Kreator and I listen to a lot of old death metal. A lot of the death metal that I listen to has many anti-Christian themes. Since I look it as art, the words don’t mean as much to me. My faith isn’t scarred because I have seen Deicide a few times and used to buy their CDs the day they were released. Even though I don’t like horror movies, Watching and liking a horror movie where evil wins doesn’t make me less of a Christian. I absolutely love the movie “Fallen” with Denzel Washington (I’m into movies in a big way). At the end of the movie the fallen angel , Azazel, gets away and is ready to possess his next victim. I don’t see how listening to music and liking it is any different than liking the movie “Fallen”.

Just so you know though…this comment of yours is EXACTLY one of the points I was trying to bring up when the thread was created. Off-topic comments will always find their way to any thread. You though, I think was the first person to totally talk about what I wanted to talk about.

Back to the religion in music thing….I was lucky enough to meet a lot of these so-called “satanic” death metal bands while growing up in Orlando. These guys weren’t having “Black Mass” or anything when they were just hanging out. They weren’t praising Satan when they nearly got into a car accident. It is merely a prop for most or it is just (as you said) an expression of art. I AM a true follower of Jesus Christ. My Bible is right next to me right now, and before I came here this morning, I was reading from the Book of Matthew. After I was done reading, I immediately put on the video to Sodom’s City of God like I do every day. I pray at least 5 times daily and I still do volunteer work for 2 churches that I don’t attend. I am a sinner and I should try harder to follow the path of Jesus more closely. I don’t think that listening to metal music makes me less of a Christian though.

Sorry about the length. I will leave this topic alone for a while.

Signature 

‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›
4 of 9

‹‹ Vegan Black Metal Chef      Webtrash ››