3 of 9
Religion in music.
Posted: 16 February 2012 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  515
Joined  2012-02-04
WeGiveyouPain - 16 February 2012 03:46 PM

First I love that scream then Mille is screaming like this because in his philosophy there is LITTLE Misanthropy in my opinion.hahah
Hail the Metal!!

I want to explain it little more,Kreator has both philosophy and feelings in it’s music,I mean Mille writes a song like Pleasure to Kill because he feels like that,that’s his fantasy and that is exactly what the artists do,explaining feelings with his own expressions,and the same time Kreator has a lot of songs that have deep philosophy in it,this is also art just beyond it,because there are feelings,music and thoughts,philosophy or viewpoint…
God,I guess that’s why the KREATOR is the fucking best!! As far as Mille continues to do what he wants,I continue to live in this world!!

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 16 February 2012 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2012-02-07

While most Kreator freaks like their old stuff better, I like the newer stuff better. I’m not saying that I don’t like the old stuff it just seems that they changed lyrically around “Extreme”. The lyrics went from senseless mass murder (which is fine with me, too) to the problems our world faces. I think that Mille brings these problems out in his lyrics masterfully. Don’t get me wrong, I am a Christian… but if Kreator wasn’t filled with hate and brutality in their music, I wouldn’t like them as much. I know that music is easier to get and steal now but there is nothing that I want more than for Kreator to knock Sodom from the top. What I am talking about is Sodom’s Agent Orange. It is the best selling German thrash album in history. In my opinion, Kreator has had many better. So… for once… let’s try to make everyone purchase this disc. I want Phantom Antichrist to be #1 on that list (or any other Kreator album for that matter). It still seems strange that Agent Orange sold more copies than any other album by Kreator. I like Sodom a lot but damn. Kreator is far better in every phase. Sorry for straying from the religion…

Signature 

My only aim is to take many lives. The more, the better I feel!

Posted: 16 February 2012 08:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2012-02-13
MPetrozzaIsGod - 16 February 2012 06:34 PM

While most Kreator freaks like their old stuff better, I like the newer stuff better. I’m not saying that I don’t like the old stuff it just seems that they changed lyrically around “Extreme”. The lyrics went from senseless mass murder (which is fine with me, too) to the problems our world faces. I think that Mille brings these problems out in his lyrics masterfully.

And let me keep off-topic in this comment just to tell you that I agree 100% on this.I’m the unusual weirdo who thinks lyrics are as equally important as the music,and the reason why I don’t care too much about EP and PTK (aside from the fact that I prefer melodic thrash instead of pure brutality) is exactly the lyrics! They actually started to wrote better lyrics around the TC era,and according to Mille,that was the time when they started to know enough english to write better lyrics.And yes,after that,he became a real poet!

Now,back to topic… :lol:

Signature 

Quote of this week:“Metal is dead!” - Lars Ulrich

Posted: 17 February 2012 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04

People,this a great honor that reading these last two posts…

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 17 February 2012 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2012-02-06

back in the day some german bands had seriously funny lyrics due to poor translation or whatever, its really changed now with more extreme singing styles that the lyrics are not as important to the songs as the message they covey. i’m thinking more that you actually have to read the lyrics as they’re harder to pick up,

i also like the folk metal bands who sing in their own language about their own religion.

think heavy metal as a genre is more forward than most are about losing the everything must be in english way of thinking.

Posted: 17 February 2012 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

They sing their own language? Wow! I picked the wrong week to quit LSD. Oops… I was thinking their own language as they “made” their own language. Sorry… it must be the early morning drugs…

Signature 

Posted: 17 February 2012 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2012-02-06

:lol:

yeah native language and they didn’t just make the own religion up.

well in some cases….......... maybe better not going there

Posted: 17 February 2012 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2012-02-06
MPetrozzaIsGod - 17 February 2012 04:19 PM

Oops… I was thinking their own language as they “made” their own language. Sorry… it must be the early morning drugs…

you mean like Magma? haha, that shit is nuts! prog forever!

Signature 

*formerly “mustaine maniac” on the old forum*

Posted: 18 February 2012 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2012-02-13
scott mathieson - 17 February 2012 04:16 PM

its really changed now with more extreme singing styles that the lyrics are not as important to the songs as the message they covey.

That’s pretty sad,don’t ya think?

Signature 

Quote of this week:“Metal is dead!” - Lars Ulrich

Posted: 29 February 2012 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2012-02-05

I am a Christian. An Orthodox Christian. That’s why I use some moments from bible to bring the messages for readers.

Religion in music? Yes, of course. If listener has faith, his music will be filled with this faith. His fantasies and feelings are similar as when he pray. I want to think about this phrase some time.

Religion in lyrics? Yes. This is a simple way for understanding between author and his reader or listener. When I started to write, nobody could understand my lyrics before I said about. I used my own fantasy world with technocratical sight of view. That was a “wave theory of feelings” based on my school knowledge. That was interesting, but, just for me. I try again with description of St. Petersburg monuments. And that was my first succes in poetry. I listened to metal music that time, and my lyrics were filled with chilling cold fear.

I understood, why it was succesful. So, my first serious attempt to write a song was about “Squirell which run round it’s cage”. It is an interesting song. I used well-known situation.

And what would be best known thing, when everyone can understand lyrics without distortion of meaning? I think, it is the only way. Religion is a tool, it is a key to listener faith, his hopes, fears… His interests. And love.

Satanism is religion, like Christianity, or Atheism. Each religion has specific symbols, that have a meaning for believers. They are well-known and can shortly explain a lot. Lyrics with memes can be understood without long-time reading thesaurus and defining vocabulary. It’s simple. When I had to read poetry of my friends I felt a lot of differences. Consecutive changes from verse to verse could be understood, but it’s hard to hear.

Religion in meatal music and metal lyrics? What the fuck I am thinking? Metal now is like religion. My faith stands hard with symbols of metal. Because I use this symbols to inspire my listeners. Because I’m metalhead.

Religion is an art. And if I use “angel-grill” to shock, it’s art if my listener will be shocked.

Religion is a tool. Tool to obtain the purpose. The greatest mindfuck is to see real purposes of life.

You can know one religion to believe. You can learn three religions to inspire and unite. But real faith will be higher this knowledge. Your faith includes religions you believe or deny. It’s also includes your own deals and purposes.

Signature 

Light!
Now you see the brightest light!
Bones and flesh are melt in fire,
That gives a freedom to your soul!
This
Is the end of your short life!
One, with millions, now you’r dying.
Burning eyes will see the born of gods in flame

The only way to cure endless pain is in getting ultimate pain and stay alive.

Posted: 03 March 2012 12:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  427
Joined  2012-02-11

I think this belongs in this thread. Either that or the thread about which bands we want to see as the opening act at the upcoming Kreator-tour.

Signature 

AGAINST RELIGION AND ALL NATIONS FLAGS!

Posted: 03 March 2012 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2012-02-05
Phantom Antichrist - 03 March 2012 12:03 AM

I think this belongs in this thread.

Actually belongs.

I joked a lot when translated Slayer’s “Disciple” to Russian with opposite meaning. It’s funny. I can’t translate it to English, but in Russian it sounds cool. With first lines like:

Constrained from the down of time
To hide their love and hate inside
No one have everywhere ever seen
Their miracles among their puricy

Open your eyes
Of soul and mind
Look around
To see inspire

God among us! God among us!

He loves us all! So, love alike
Each step on the road of your life

God among us! God among us!

Signature 

Light!
Now you see the brightest light!
Bones and flesh are melt in fire,
That gives a freedom to your soul!
This
Is the end of your short life!
One, with millions, now you’r dying.
Burning eyes will see the born of gods in flame

The only way to cure endless pain is in getting ultimate pain and stay alive.

Posted: 10 March 2012 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Soul Eraser
RankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2012-03-06

I am not religious and do not perceive religion seriously! Yes religion has left its mark everywhere in music too! The poison of religion is everywhere and destroys old traditions and customs of nations, specifically talking about Christianity! They piss upon all and rule all world! When people need a fantastic friend, that’s their problem! Organized religion is only one slave tool for politicians and rulers! I love Kreator because they are far from the imbecility of clowns like Dave Mustaine & Tom Araya! :coolsmile:

Posted: 10 March 2012 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

Sure, sure…. they are still just artists in my mind. I was raised a Baptist and I used to attend Catholic churches. I no longer attend church of any kind. My reasons are sort of the things that you said in your post. Remember though, the word “Christian” is a very broad term.

Some people have no faith and a lot of people have no faith until they are on their deathbed as well. I have my faith as in: I believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins and salvation, I DO NOT read nor do I believe in the Old Testament of the Bible. My belief lies solely in Christ. That is the difference between myself and other, more strict Christians. I don’t waste my time with the teachings of the Old Testament, although I do dig some of the stories. I believe in God and the only way to my God, is through Jesus Christ.

Now, I don’t understand what you mean when you say “When people need a fantastic friend, that’s their problem!” Maybe I don’t want to know but I can tell you this for sure. Religion is and always will be what YOU choose to make of it. Maybe since my religion is simple and more “unorganized”, I don’t and never will see my religion as “Organized religion that is only one slave tool for politicians and rulers”. It is a shame that it has come to that in the world and it has been like that for centuries. That is probably why I pray multiple times daily, do volunteer work for a Methodist church and a Baptist church and attend neither. I am simply here to do my part, whatever that it that is put before me, and when you throw music into it, I will always see it as art. I started this thread as more of a religion in music, not as a thread about whether or not you believe in any sort of religion or what evils have happened or are happening now over religion. Whether you like it or not, the metal that we listen to is full of religion. Even if you don’t believe in it, it is very much there.

People have their beliefs and ever since there has been a God or Gods, brother has killed brother in the name of that or those Gods. Please don’t think I am some Bible banger here to try and save your soul. It really isn’t like that. Also…you sound like you are speaking of Catholicism but you may be speaking of even the Hare Krishna, but putting all Christians in the same place is more than a mistake. The people that passed my religion down to me believed in Jesus as the world’s savior and cut ties with the Catholics because of religion being used as a tool to enslave people and the rulers running the church. Really, the Christianity you are speaking of is what I am against… but I am still a Christian. I’m not Roman Catholic, you see. I am a protestant. We protestants are Christians that are against these awful things that you speak of.

I love Kreator because I think that they are the best metal band of all time. They are no longer raw, they are quite the opposite. They are polished musicians that have managed to keep their brutal sound through all of their changes. That is amazing. Their lyrics get better and better in my opinion as well. They may have slowed a bit but they are still brutal, powerful, and have the best vocalist in all of metal. What I like about them most versus other bands is that Kreator can shred it live. Most bands can’t. Kreator’s live sound is similar to their studio sound. They are the best band live in my opinion and I have never heard a band play so well live. Of course 90% of my couple hundred metal shows were early death metal shows like Death, Napalm Death (who they call Grindcore now), Obituary, and such. 

Sorry about the length of my message… we have never met.

Signature 

Posted: 10 March 2012 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04
Tormentor - 10 March 2012 03:23 PM

Organized religion is only one slave tool for politicians and rulers! I love Kreator because they are far from the imbecility of clowns like Dave Mustaine & Tom Araya! :coolsmile:

You made me smile,thanks for saying that!!! haha
And Grover is right,just come to the Atheist-Enemies Of God topic and say about religion in there,you got good view!! :)

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

< 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›
3 of 9

‹‹ Vegan Black Metal Chef      Webtrash ››