You know what sucks?
Posted: 05 July 2014 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2012-03-26

Nobody cool ever comes to Hawaii…

For the 4th the Army brought Third Eye Blind, the Navy and Air Force brought 3 Doors Down and the Marines brought Hoobastank

The last good show I got to see was when Elliott (from Dean Guitars) brought Michael Angelo Batio with him and did a metal show at the Naval Exchange.

The weather here is perfect year round, and not one metal show…wtf

Signature 

DOA # 02-00044

http://www.deanguitars.com/userpics/lib/finest.jpg

Posted: 05 July 2014 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2014-04-21

I live in Australia so I feel your pain mate. We are so far away from the rest of the world we might as well be on the moon. We spend our lives like little kids jumping up and down at the back of the crowd trying to see what the rest of world is doing, all the while being told to sit down down and shut up. Why, because it’s 12 hours drive to the nearest airport and another 27 hours on a plane to the closest civilisation. Where I am, I can drive 10 hours north or south, or 8 hours west and still be in the same state. So going to see a band is a big deal and expensive too, by the time you add flights and accommodation a $65 gig ticket will cost over $500.

Posted: 06 July 2014 03:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
One of Us
Rank
Joined  2012-03-26
Your Heaven My Hell - 05 July 2014 01:01 PM

I live in Australia so I feel your pain mate. We are so far away from the rest of the world we might as well be on the moon. We spend our lives like little kids jumping up and down at the back of the crowd trying to see what the rest of world is doing, all the while being told to sit down down and shut up. Why, because it’s 12 hours drive to the nearest airport and another 27 hours on a plane to the closest civilisation. Where I am, I can drive 10 hours north or south, or 8 hours west and still be in the same state. So going to see a band is a big deal and expensive too, by the time you add flights and accommodation a $65 gig ticket will cost over $500.

Sucks to be us I guess.  The US in general is getting ridiculous anyway.  The metal scene is pretty much gone even on the mainland, for the most part.  If Metallica plays a show folks turn out but why?  They haven’t had a good album in over two decades…wtf.  Makes me wish I was in Europe…there you get WACKEN!!!  Too bad the Army keeps me in Asia all the damn time…with their love songs and whacko Gangnam style…

Signature 

DOA # 02-00044

Posted: 10 July 2014 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2014-04-21

I wish I lived in Europe every time this time of year comes around. I read Metal Hammer Magazine and other metal news mags and sites and I get jealous of what they get to see every year. As close as we get is Soundwave Festival, but don’t me wrong it’s a bloody good show. It’s just that it’s crammed all into one day. There is rumor going round that it will be extended to two days next year, so here’s hoping.

Posted: 11 July 2014 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
One of Us
Rank
Joined  2012-03-26

Best of luck to you brother.  My luck Tia Carrere will put out a double live Hawaiian album and piss off all the locals again, sweeping the grammys for Hawaiian music, and then tour the islands all year.  That’s about as good as it gets here.  Unless you’d rather listen to the tourist trap guitarists twaddling out 60’s and 70’s Beatles, Rolling Stones and country covers.

Don

Signature 

DOA # 02-00044