1 2 > 
1 of 2
Vegan Black Metal Chef
Posted: 14 February 2012 05:03 AM   [ Ignore ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2012-02-13

OMG…the title of this thread already looks like spam but it’s so NOT! Brian Manowitz aka Vegan Black Metal Chef is a genius,and I only opened this topic to tell this to everyone who never heard of him! Watch his show on YouTube! He already has 8 videos,and they’re all amazing.Now,before you would say things like you’re not vegan or you don’t like black metal,I got news for you…me neither. Still,this show is hilariously funny and so original,it’ll captivate you,trust me!

Here’s a link for a short interview with him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1ubBR4jJw0

And a link for probably the best episode,called “Hail,Seitan!” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eovuIfeH2k4

Have fun!

Signature 

Quote of this week:“Metal is dead!” - Lars Ulrich

Posted: 14 February 2012 07:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Soul Eraser
RankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2012-02-05

It’s been a while, The Clansman! :)
I think I’ve watched almost all the episodes, but I didn’t see his interview.  The first time to see his face without the makeup!  Thanx for sharing! ;)

Posted: 14 February 2012 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-13

Hey,Yuka! How you doin’? Yeah,it’s been a long time! I’m glad you like VBMC’s show,I just can’t help but to think that the asparagus sushi is probably a blasphemy for you,isn’t it? :)

Signature 

Posted: 14 February 2012 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Soul Eraser
RankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2012-02-05

Yeah, I watched the episode of asparagus sushi.  That was fun, but I’ve never tried it yet… probably will never! lol I like “real” sushi.  I mean raw fish! ;p

Posted: 14 February 2012 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2012-02-06

i havent seen all of his videos, but there were a few i watched. i love this guy because he shatters the perception that all metalheads are eating raw meat off of animals we just killed. fuck that. im extremely proud to be a veggie-metalhead. i cant remember who else on the old forum was also vegetarian or vegan, but we had a couple good conversations.

Signature 

*formerly “mustaine maniac” on the old forum*

Posted: 14 February 2012 07:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-13

Yeah,well…to be honest I’m not to keen about eating vegetables. I mean it’s a bit irritating to think of what am I supposed to do with their wheelchairs. :lol: (yeah,yeah,I know…tasteless old joke!)

Signature 

Posted: 15 February 2012 01:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06

redneck jokes part 2!

Signature 

Posted: 16 February 2012 01:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-13
dOT rOT Thrash - 15 February 2012 01:39 AM

redneck jokes part 2!

No,not redneck,just rude.A redneck joke would be this:

-Who’s yo’ daddy,who’s yo’ daddy?
-Git off me,yo’ ain’t my daddy,yo’ my uncle!

Signature 

Posted: 16 February 2012 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2012-02-06

actually like these videos, i’m vegetarian and eat a lot of vegan meals, haven’t tried much of this guys food as some of the ingrediants i can’t get hold but he always makes me laugh.

Posted: 16 February 2012 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06

haha, i was only kidding clansy. :)

cool beans scott! have you seen this “hellbent for cooking” cookbook? they have a nice vegetarian/vegan section - but im sad to report that i havent made the mille recipe yet. someday soon!

Signature 

Posted: 16 February 2012 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  515
Joined  2012-02-04

Is Mille vegetarian or vegan?
I don’t care the difference between them I mean I’m asking this just to know,I’ve heard about it somwhere before but just not sure…

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 16 February 2012 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06

as far as i know, mille was a vegetarian for a long time - made the switch into vegan - then went back to being vegetarian. we had a talk about it on the bus once when i saw him eating a sandwich that didnt look vegan. he told me that on the road it was too difficult for him to find food. i can understand that completely. maybe while he’s at home he’s vegan. i dont really know.

Signature 

Posted: 16 February 2012 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Joined  2012-02-06
dOT rOT Thrash - 16 February 2012 04:00 PM

haha, i was only kidding clansy. :)

cool beans scott! have you seen this “hellbent for cooking” cookbook? they have a nice vegetarian/vegan section - but im sad to report that i havent made the mille recipe yet. someday soon!

never seen it, just googled and on the same page on amazon is a cookbook. mosh potatoes.

never knew about mille, have only been veggie for about 9 months and it can be hard to just grab something to eat at times

Posted: 16 February 2012 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06

i’ve seen the mosh potatoes one as well, but havent gotten it yet.

dont give up! i’ve been vegetarian for about 3 years now, (maybe 4??) and its not even a second thought in my mind. most people think that its really hard to constantly have to think about no meat in things, but its truly not. for me, it seems weird that it would be in there. i never felt restricted about anything - there are always substitutes. i think it would be fun to have a recipe thread. then again, i love making my own tasty meals. :)

Signature 

Posted: 16 February 2012 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Joined  2012-02-06

don’t see me ever eating meat again, my only worry is going on my old auto pilot when i’m drunk and getting pepperoni and chilli pizza.

now that i check labels in supermarkets its truly bizarre the place you find meat products. i loved a chocolate mousse from a supermarket here but it has beef gelatine near the top of the list of ingredients its even in the strawberry version.

i find it just takes a bit more organisation making my own lunches to take to work, i love cooking do a lot of baking as well so loving trying different foods and recipes i would never had tried.

Posted: 16 February 2012 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06

i often have nightmares that someone gives me a hamburger and i eat it. GROSS! i also used to worry that while drunk i would accidentally eat something that had a bacon bit or a piece of sausage in it - so far it hasnt happened. the only horrible thing i ever had happen was that i went to a taco place and i got bean tacos, my boss got chicken, and we were sitting eating and before our tacos were unwrapped they somehow got switched. i dont know what possessed me to not check it that time before i bit into it, but i did and the result was alot of swearing and and me unable to get the taste of chicken touching my tongue for 2 seconds out of my mouth. thank god i didnt swallow it or something! my boss is cool though - his longtime gf is a vegetarian, so its really easy for us to bring lunch or make things there because he’s used to everything and has alot of ideas as well.

Signature 

1 2 > 
1 of 2