Why Ventor is my favorite thrash drummer.
Posted: 13 October 2012 02:23 AM   [ Ignore ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2012-09-19

In addition to having great rhythm and being the relentless backbone of Kreator Ventor is also one hell of a nice guy.

It was a real pleasure to meet and hang out with him after the Denver, CO show. You would not imagine that such an unassuming and relaxed guy was capable of such devastating beats! He was more than happy to be in pictures and sign some autographs for the fans. He also accepted some nice gifts to take with him.

It was also nice to tell him that Riot of Violence was not only my favorite Kreator song but also my favorite thrash metal song. Although he doesn’t like to sing I hope to see Kreator perform it live in the future.

So this is my salute and thank you to Ventor. \m/(><)\m/

Signature 

On a field littered with corpses
Stands a lonely flower
It reminds the world how it was
But we kicked it away with power

Posted: 13 October 2012 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  515
Joined  2012-02-04

What a big man!

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 05 November 2012 03:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2012-02-13

Plus…he is the nicest metal musician I’ve ever met in my life!

Signature 

Quote of this week:“Metal is dead!” - Lars Ulrich

Posted: 21 November 2012 05:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2012-11-16

Ventor is so badass.  He’s the whole package.  Speed, power, groove, timing, and precision.  People who have an ear for drumming and the little intricacies that most others never notice will surely tell you that he really is heads and shoulders above just about every other thrash drummer that’s ever existed.

Signature 

aka “Count Grudgeula”, aka “The Dude”

Posted: 21 November 2012 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2012-09-19
Sreymnek - 21 November 2012 05:52 AM

Ventor is so badass.  He’s the whole package.  Speed, power, groove, timing, and precision.  People who have an ear for drumming and the little intricacies that most others never notice will surely tell you that he really is heads and shoulders above just about every other thrash drummer that’s ever existed.

Agreed!

Signature 

On a field littered with corpses
Stands a lonely flower
It reminds the world how it was
But we kicked it away with power

Posted: 02 February 2013 02:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2013-01-09

How does this post only have 4 comments? ://
I love everything about this , he looks like hes in no rush to go anywhere.  Just enjoying hanging out with you guys!
And hes so tall ! Love ittt

Posted: 14 February 2013 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2012-02-07

What I like about Ventor so much is the way he throws in his “double bass rolls”. When he does his double bass rolls, they aren’t JUST there to add to the sound and make noise. They have meaning. It isn’t just something to make the kids say “listen to how fast that guy is”.....they are well thought out and seem to have their place and be where they are supposed to be. While almost all metal bands just throw those rolls in everywhere, Ventor’s make the songs have a groove that is normally not there when you speak of thrash metal. He is certainly one of the best drummers out and he hasn’t lost a step through his 25+ years. Ventor rules!

Riot of Violence has always been one of my faves and I like it when the vocals are handled by either Mille or Ventor…..but if I saw them live right now, I would want to hear Ventor on the vocals so much that it would probably make the show for me.

Signature 

My only aim is to take many lives. The more, the better I feel!

Posted: 26 February 2013 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2012-11-16

Excellent point about Ventor’s use of double bass.  I never hear people talking about him as an innovative or unconventional drummer, yet that’s exactly what he is and a big reason why Kreator is superior to every other thrash band.

Signature 

aka “Count Grudgeula”, aka “The Dude”

Posted: 02 February 2014 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2014-02-02

Incredible drummer! I’m sure he rules as a person, too. I loved his vocals on Endless Pain.

Signature 

Forces of Steel