1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 5
Forgotten, unappreciated, or underrated songs. Which songs have always been epic?
Posted: 07 February 2012 07:05 AM   [ Ignore ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2012-02-07

We Kreator fans love Kreator to the point to where many of us, like me, like EVERY song that they have ever come out with. It is interesting to me to know which songs Kreator has made that are either forgotten, unappreciated, or underrated. When the ‘90s started many metal bands began searching for a new sound. Some bands simply couldn’t compete and dropped off of the map altogether. I’d love to know about songs that are loved by Kreator’s best fans that seemed to have been lost. One of my favorite songs that fits is “Catholic Despot” off of their “Cause for Conflict” release. Many of the younger Kreator fans know little about this album and in my opinion are missing out on a lot. Another song that may fit these prerequisites is “Reflection” from their Renewal album. Since I have been a Kreator fan from the Endless Pain days, I’d love to know what other songs you guys and gals may have thought fit the bill. I’d especially like to know what the younger crowd comes up with. I feel that the older crowd, such as myself, loves all Kreator songs, and to us, they are all unforgettable in one way or another. Over the years, I think that Kreator has proven over and over that they can change their sound, be successful, and unlike most bands, can turn all of those changes into positive ways to make their band even better. In my opinion, that is what Kreator has now achieved. They are the masters of thrash and NEVER had to sell out… they always did what they wanted and always felt that each release was their best. That mindset has made them a band that is untouchable when it comes to the quality as well as the brutality of their music.

Signature 

My only aim is to take many lives. The more, the better I feel!

Posted: 07 February 2012 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  302
Joined  2012-02-05

Well, I guess this thread is better for me than the “Best album?”-thread since I, just like you, like all of them. Thinking about “forgotten” songs the first ones I have to think of are “Children Of A Lesser God” (Japanese Endorama CD or european Chosen Few SCD) - which is a killer track! - and the song “Lucretia My Reflection” (Crossing All Over! #7-Sampler) which is an awesome Sisters Of Mercy-cover. Same goes for the tracks “Gangland” (Tygers Of Pan Tang-Cover) and “After The Attack”! I could move on with this list for hours… :D

Posted: 07 February 2012 08:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

Awesome choices. I asked this really because I figured that we long time Kreator fans could turn some of the Kreator newbies onto songs that they knew very little about. Kreator lost a lot of their long time fans in the ‘90s… I was eager to see which songs showed up many times as well. We all know “Flag of Hate” and “Pleasure to Kill” but your songs were excellent choices, Devastator. I’d love to see some of the younger kids check your songs listed out, just to see where Kreator came from. Kreator’s metal journey has been very different from all other bands. I really just want to have all Kreator fans realizing that Kreator may be the reason that we have deathmetal and blackmetal. If you have heard only Kreator from 2000 on, you wouldn’t know this. I want the newbie Kreator fans to be educated well. I live in the US…so half of my music blog time is spent fighting with US fans that think that Slayer is better than Kreator. Slayer isn’t even close. Thanks for commenting as I thought there would be 0 comments. Thanks! Mille Is God!

Signature 

Posted: 07 February 2012 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  515
Joined  2012-02-04

I am an eight-teen years old fan and I can say that Extreme Aggressions album,with the whole lyrics,screamed me what I had been feeling for years when I first listened it.‘Love Us or Hate Us’ can be the title for me,as you say list never ends.Then Coma of Souls,that album kills me and from this one my tracks are ‘Material World Paranoia’ and ‘Mental Slavery’.And Renewal.Man I can’t live without this album,really I can’t choose one to give as example,‘Europe After The Rain,Depression Unrest,Karmic Wheel-what a fucking great song!!-,Winter Martyrium…’ whole album is great!For the Cause for Conflict,‘Hate Inside Your Head’ and ‘Isolation’ are great.Yeah,the Outcast!This album is fucking better than pyschological bullshit and pyschiatric drugs.I get over my mental disorders with this!And ‘Endorama’,this is really special for me.As you say,MPetrozzaIsGod,this is what they want,once I read a text which includes an online chat with Mille,there someone asks Mille why did you make such an album like Endorama? and says this was bad not thrash and lots of bullshit like this.And Petrozza says,we did it because we wanted it.I can surely say that when I read this I surprised cause I’d never thought such things like Endorama is not thrash or not like Kreator,it’s belong them,I can feel it…I wrote so much sorry for that but you seem very curios about that topic.For last,I didn’t talk about first albums like Endless Pain,Terrible Certainity or even first demos Blitzkreig and End of the World because you said that we already know all of them very well.And after 2000,no word,definitely no word or adjective for them except Kreator,they are just Kreator!!

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 07 February 2012 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-02-05
MPetrozzaIsGod - 07 February 2012 07:05 AM

We Kreator fans love Kreator to the point to where many of us, like me, like EVERY song that they have ever come out with. It is interesting to me to know which songs Kreator has made that are either forgotten, unappreciated, or underrated. When the ‘90s started many metal bands began searching for a new sound. Some bands simply couldn’t compete and dropped off of the map altogether. I’d love to know about songs that are loved by Kreator’s best fans that seemed to have been lost. One of my favorite songs that fits is “Catholic Despot” off of their “Cause for Conflict” release. Many of the younger Kreator fans know little about this album and in my opinion are missing out on a lot. Another song that may fit these prerequisites is “Reflection” from their Renewal album. Since I have been a Kreator fan from the Endless Pain days, I’d love to know what other songs you guys and gals may have thought fit the bill. I’d especially like to know what the younger crowd comes up with. I feel that the older crowd, such as myself, loves all Kreator songs, and to us, they are all unforgettable in one way or another. Over the years, I think that Kreator has proven over and over that they can change their sound, be successful, and unlike most bands, can turn all of those changes into positive ways to make their band even better. In my opinion, that is what Kreator has now achieved. They are the masters of thrash and NEVER had to sell out… they always did what they wanted and always felt that each release was their best. That mindset has made them a band that is untouchable when it comes to the quality as well as the brutality of their music.

Finally an interesting thread.Bravo MPetrozzaIsGod.

really do you think that Kreator ALWAYS did what they wanted?
I think that their ‘controversial’, ‘sellout’, ‘experimental’ period has a high-creative and ‘fuck-business’  attitude, and yes, plenty of obscure and underrated classic songs.
I’m really curious to know your thought about their return to the ‘thrash metal basic’ in the 2000….
probably Mille was very angry about the reaction people had about works like Renewal, Outcat and Endorama…blame him such a traitor and a sellout…and decided to give people what people wants.Thrash Metal.
VR , EoG , HoC? good works, solid and well written,some classical suff somewere, but for me, artistical liberty lies elsewhere…... 

to get on topic, here’s a bunch of my favourite obcsure tracks:
Winter Martyrium (....),Karmic Wheel,Reflection,Progressive proletarians,Better tomorrow,whatever it may takes,Future king, Willing spirit…and many more…

sorry for my english too…...

Posted: 07 February 2012 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2012-02-05

Hidden Dictator would probably be my number one choice. I’m sure many love the song, but I think it often gets overlooked for the ‘classics’ on the album such as Terror Zone, People of the Lie and the title track.

Forever is a great song too. I think it thunders along quite nicely and I’d like to see it played live sometime.

Posted: 07 February 2012 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

I totally agree. Didn’t Kreator have 6 videos off of that album? And to think that critics didn’t like Coma because they say it sounded repetitive compared to Extreme Aggression. What a bunch of crap. Hidden Dictator was an awesome tune that clearly got forgotten. Great choice! I knew this post would have many songs that got lost in the shuffle. I just hope that Kreator’s younger fans take the time to listen to these songs if they haven’t already heard them. If Kreator was from the US, they would be huge compared to Slayer. Kreator did what they did with political stuff getting in their way. In the end, it made them a better band, that it why they are now over 25 years old and still are the thrash metal kings. German Thrash Rules! METAL BROTHERS UNITE!!

Signature 

Posted: 07 February 2012 10:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-05

Well, it isn’t like Kreator was unknown over here in Germany! :)
They’re part of the German big three: Kreator, Sodom and Destruction
But you’re right: CoS, CfC, Endo, Outcast and Renewal were (and sadly are) highly criticized albums, though CoS is often regarded a classic gem of German Thrash.
I can’t share the opinions of those critics since I really love each of those albums. What you need to keep in mind is that they all were created in different times with different problems which make them, well, some kind of a musical journey through the different phases of the band. So the first recommendation for all new fans is: Complete your discography! It’s awesome to see (and even more: hear!) the progresses which this awesome band made throughout their career! You just miss a lot if you only focus on the last 3 albums they released! ;)

Posted: 07 February 2012 11:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

See, I always hated the fact that these American critics called “Coma” repetitive” compared to “Extreme” and thus acted as if “Coma” was not a good album. “Extreme” was awesome, and if “Coma” was repetitive, doesn’t that make “Coma” awesome as well? Another thing that happened here in the US was the way that Kreator’s albums were released. I bought “Extreme” on the day it was released. “Extreme” then made some big sales. After the sales were made, the US made “Endless Pain, Pleasure to Kill”, Terrible Certainty” ,as well as Kreator’s EPs available to us. Before “Extreme” was released, the other Kreator albums were nearly impossible to get your hands on (no internet back then). They did the same with Sepultura. “Beneath the Remains” was released and did well. So a few months afterwards, we were able to buy Schizophrenia and Morbid Visions. So… I actually heard “Extreme” before I got to hear all of the songs on Kreator’s earlier albums. Th US and their record companies cared so much about money and at that time had no critics that knew anything about real metal music, that we Americans are lucky to have even heard Kreator in the first place.

I love Kreator’s old music but overall, I think that their 3 newest albums are the best. Those albums showed Kreator’s true talent that they had worked on for many years. I think that Kreator from 2000 on has written the best metal albums to date from ANY band. This is nothing against their older albums, it is just my opinion. I hope that “Phantom Antichrist” shows us even more of how Kreator has evolved into the best band from any genre.

Signature 

Posted: 08 February 2012 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2012-02-08

Some songs I feel are underrated are Zero to None from Renewal, Lost from Cause for Conflict, Golden Age & Shadowland from Endorama.
Of course, I agree with all the songs mentioned above are great and under appreciated songs.
Kreator has been my favorite band after getting into metal, its amazing to see how they made consistently solid albums even the 1990s albums which are vehemently criticized for having non-thrash elements.

Signature 

The posers on this Earth have no right to live
We gonna spit their brains torture is what we give.

Posted: 08 February 2012 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04

Yes the Kreator discography is the best thing to have.I have discography and listening every day one album,actually generally Enemy of God that I really love,and this is a real timeline for them.As you say,you can exactly see how a man lives,what happens to him,a life’s periods not only a man,you can also see what happens to the world through time.Knowing a band such like this,listening their every song and really being interested in them is such a good thing that is so much beyond the music,they are a part of me and with this feelings,loving this band,talking with Petrozza even on damn Facebook page makes my hair stand on end!

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 08 February 2012 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

When I wrote this topic of “unappreciated, forgotten, or underrated songs”, I really had no idea what kinds of reactions and replies I would get. When it comes down to it though, I think I have figured something out. The average Kreator fan is a lot smarter than I ever thought that they would be. If you read through these comments, you can tell that we Kreator fans are some of the best and most loyal fans around. There aren’t as many as I thought there would be, but the things that have been written are intelligent to say the least. I have always thought that Kreator was the best metal band. Now I think that we may be the best and most loyal fans as well. Listening to Kreator’s music through the years has not just been a fun way to spend some time, it has also been like reading poetry that cleans your ears out like a q-tip from hell. Kreator is the best metal band and we fans are the best as well. I can’t wait until April 20th and then June 5th (I live in the US). THE KREATOR HAS RETURNED!!! It’s almost time to raise the Flag of Hate!!!

Signature 

Posted: 08 February 2012 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04

After meeting fans such like you,all of you,I’ve begun to feel better about my life,because I,from now,know I’m not the only one and the next time when I listen songs and Mille says ‘destroy the world is our only aim’ I’ll feel more and more excited as one of the Hordes…I wish we could meet with Kreator at the same hall and raise the Flag of Hate all together!!

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 08 February 2012 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-05
MPetrozzaIsGod - 08 February 2012 06:46 PM

Listening to Kreator’s music through the years has not just been a fun way to spend some time, it has also been like reading poetry that cleans your ears out like a q-tip from hell.

I couldn’t have formulated it better! :D

Posted: 08 February 2012 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04

And for,WinterMartyrium
I read it,Mille says we did it because we wanted to do it.
And also for that albums I still can’t understand,what’s the thing that not belongs to thrash?
He says,this is the end of the world,he says come on let leave this world behind,he shows,he screams the reality under that worlds illusions…I don’t want it to become a discussion,especially here yet still can’t understand what’s wrong with them…
And for last,for the critics especially,I always think that some people talk really too much,this is really superfluous!
And best comment about Kreator’s albums are made by Devastator I think,it is ‘Clear answer: No real favourite! I see all albums as one complete work. I wouldn’t like to miss just one of them!’
Kreator is like such a guide to life with it’s all parts…
Cheers!

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 08 February 2012 09:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

Another song that may be thought of as underrated that I forgot about is “Son of Evil”. A new version of that song with maybe a combination of Ventor and Mille on vocals might be cool. I always liked Mille better on vocals but Ventor could scream well also. Endless Pain was a great album that to me is very much underrated here in the US. Another song on my list of songs that fit these songs that were better than the world gave them credit for was “Armies of Hell”. It was originally a “Tormentor” demo, I believe, but I always wished they had done a bit more with that song. I think that it ended up on some copies of Endless Pain. My copy doesn’t have it though.

Signature 

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 5