dessau
Posted: 06 February 2012 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2012-02-06

anyone going to this?

my first trip to germany for a festival, also first trip to Berlin. looking forward to it also trying learn a bit of german because local beer taste better when asked for in the local language.

maybe been better if album gets released before this, always a bit strange to hear new stuff live before it released, i’m sure the band will really want to start playing new material in the set.

what i loved about festivals back in the day was bands used to play songs they don’t normally play or maybe hadn’t played for a while
any chance of some old forgotten classics making an appearance.

Posted: 07 February 2012 01:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2012-02-07

Living in the US really sucks for a Kreator fan. I’ve been a Kreator freak since 1987 and have just one wish… I want to see Kreator in Europe. The crowds are huge compared to the shows I have gotten to see. I like Kreator better than other bands because they can bring it live just as well as they do in the studio. You Europeans are all very lucky to be able to see Kreator at great venues all of the time. I still will save my strength for the time that Kreator invades my city once again. At my last Kreator show, I was lucky enough to meet the band and I got to talk with Sami for about 30 minutes. I guess small venues have some advantages.

Signature 

My only aim is to take many lives. The more, the better I feel!

Posted: 07 February 2012 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  515
Joined  2012-02-04

God I can’t believe it!30 damn minutes!You are one of the most lucky people ever!

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 07 February 2012 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

I’ve met Mille and Ventor a few different times, but meeting Sami was awesome. I’m a few years older than him but the rest of the band is older than me. We were hanging out behind the venue where they were playing and Sami immediately ran out back to have a smoke. I ran up to him but I tried to be cool. I wanted him to autograph everything that I owned but I instead just talked to him. He said that he loved playing live but was tired (this was their last show in the US before returning home). My best friend, who was very drunk acted like he was a roadie and was helping Kreator with their equipment. This was cool because it got me on Kreator’s bus for a few minutes. After about 15 minutes from then, Justin, my friend, started getting yelled at for dropping a piece of Kreator’s equipment. I was meeting Mille, Speesy, and Ventor at the time. He got thrown out and so did I. It was still cool and hanging out and Sami was a blast but I still want to choke Justin every time I see him.

Signature 

Posted: 07 February 2012 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04

So you are more lucky than I thought! You just said ‘I’ve met Mille and Ventor a few different times.’

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 07 February 2012 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

In the late ‘80 I was lucky enough to meet hundreds of metal musicians. Chuck Schuldiner was my favorite but I knew him before he got famous. When I was growing up in Orlando, Florida, death metal was catching on and I was lucky enough to meet most bands that I saw live.

Signature 

Posted: 07 February 2012 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  302
Joined  2012-02-05

That’s pretty cool! :)

I guess it’s hard nowadays. Most bands act like total super stars which are too fine to talk or have a beer with their fans.

Posted: 08 February 2012 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

I think I get lucky because the last time I saw Kreator, it was their last show in the US on the “Hordes” tour in Orlando, Florida. Sami went out back of the Firestone (that is the name of the club) early for a beer and a smoke and I just happened to be outside waiting. Since I was 37 years old, I guess I didn’t draw a bunch of attention. In fact, the main security guard was a black dude and I sat next to him and talked about college basketball and college football. I then saw Sami, who is a lot shorter than I had imagined, and I walked over, said “cheers” to him, we toasted and had a drink of beer. After that we got to talk for about 30 minutes total along with 2 or 3 chicks. After that, Speesy and Mille walked out accompanied my Ventor and I got to talk with them for maybe 10 minutes total. As I said before, my drunk friend dropped some equipment shortly after talking with Mille, Speesy, and Ventor… and he got thrown out after that. Since he was trashed and I didn’t want to see him in jail, I quickly said “Thank you for such an awesome show” and left with my drunk pal. I wasn’t too pissed at my buddy because before I got to talk to Sami, I did get to take a quick tour of the Kreator tour bus.

Of course, Kreator is my all time fave band so I would never have much bad to say about them but they were all down to earth, they all said thank you for coming to the show and Mille even said “I promise that you won’t have to wait too much longer on a new Kreator album. Well… that time is now here. I’ve met Mille, Ventor, and past members before, but meeting this line-up and being able to talk to Sami for so long is something I will NEVER forget. Sami, to me, is part of the reason why Kreator is so far ahead of all of the other bands in their genre. Kreator was always great, but Sami handles the lead like a champ. I didn’t really know who he was when he was introduced as the new guitarist of Kreator, but he gives Kreator that technical element that they never had. The band could not have gotten a better guitarist… and when Sami plays live, he plays his solos perfect a makes Kreator even better when they play live. Kreator was already the best live thrash band. Now they totally shred the competition hands down.

Signature 

Posted: 08 February 2012 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04

I totally agree with you about Sami,Endorama’s(Vetterli’s solos) are also has similarities with his solos,I mean they has kind of different taste from classic thrash solos and early Kreator solos,but when Sami comes,band has not only great solos also kind of melodic magic and his live performance,man he is the best guitarist I have ever seen that can play live like this.Maybe we can talk about Sami or Kreator’s evolution through bands 25 years as technical and music stuff on the other topic…
Horns up!

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE