Non Album Tracks - A List
Posted: 20 June 2012 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-05-29

As a once-lapsed KREATOR fan and now absolutely back into the fold (lost the faith, not just in Kreator, but with metal in general for a good 10 years - but ‘Hordes of Chaos’ was so blindingly good it kick started my re-entry into metal, and that was absolutely cemented with the release of what I feel is a stunning metal album - ‘Phantom AntiChrist’)

I was reading another topic on the boards about underappreciated songs, and some mentions of tracks I’ve never heard! Would there be a List of all non-album tracks; B-Sides, Bonus tracks on international reissues?

I have all of Kreator’s albums of course, so the obsessive side if kicking in with the renewal (pun intended!) of interest :)

Many thanks

Posted: 20 June 2012 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2012-02-05

Off the top of my head (other users can probably give more in depth details about when they were recorded etc):

Covers
Grinder (Judas Priest)
Lambs to the Slaughter (Raven)
Witching Hour (Venom)
Gangland (Tygers of Pan Tang)
Alle Gegen Alle (Slime)
You Are (the Government) (Bad Religion)
Lucretia (My Reflection) (Sisters of Mercy)
State Oppression (Raw Power)
The Number of the Beast (Iron Maiden)

Outtakes/B Sides
Children of a Lesser God
After the Attack
Trauma
Impossible to Cure
Suicide in Swamps
As We Watch the West
Inferno
Limits of Liberty
Iron Destiny

Plus some demos (Violent Revolution and some songs off Hordes of Chaos).

Posted: 21 June 2012 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2012-02-13

Nice list…although he probably wants to know where he can find those tracks too. Oh…and you forgot about “Take their lives” which was a B-side on the “Flag of hate” single.

Signature 

Quote of this week:“Metal is dead!” - Lars Ulrich

Posted: 21 June 2012 06:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2012-02-05
The Clansman - 21 June 2012 04:45 PM

Nice list…although he probably wants to know where he can find those tracks too. Oh…and you forgot about “Take their lives” which was a B-side on the “Flag of hate” single.

Aight, sir! :D

lordcatfish - 20 June 2012 05:30 PM

Off the top of my head (other users can probably give more in depth details about when they were recorded etc):

Covers
Grinder (Judas Priest) / A Tribute To Judas Priest - Legends Of Metal Vol. II (tribute)
Lambs to the Slaughter (Raven) / Out Of The Dark… Into The Light (EP)
Witching Hour (Venom) / In The Name Of Satan (tribute) / A Tribute To Venom (tribute)
Gangland (Tygers of Pan Tang) / Behind The Mirror (single) / Japanese bundle (RARE!): Terrible Certainty / Out Of The Dark… Into The Light / 2 (RARE!) American CD-versions from 1988: Out Of The Dark… Into The Light
Alle Gegen Alle (Slime) / Alle Gegen Alle - A Tribute To Slime (tribute) / Hordes Of Chaos - Ultra Riot (special edition box set / re-release)
You Are (the Government) (Bad Religion) / Hordes Of Chaos - Ultra Riot (special edition box set / re-release)
Lucretia (My Reflection) (Sisters of Mercy) / Crossing All Over! Vol. 07 (compilation)
State Oppression (Raw Power) / European digipak- and (RARE! >) vinyl-version, american version (first pressing and re-release)
The Number of the Beast (Iron Maiden) / Phantom Antichrist (single)

Outtakes/B Sides
Children of a Lesser God / Japanese version of Endorama / Chosen Few (single-CD)
After the Attack / After The Attack (limited edition pic-LP of Pleasure to kill - RARE!) / Sounds - Waves 1 (magazine 7” / Past Life Trauma (compilation)
Trauma / Past Life Trauma (compilation)
Impossible to Cure / Out Of The Dark… Into The Light (EP)
Suicide in Swamps / Scenarios Of Violence (compilation)
As We Watch the West / Voices Of Transgression - A 90s Retrospective (compilation)
Inferno / Voices Of Transgression - A 90s Retrospective (compilation)
Limits of Liberty / Scenarios Of Violence (compilation)
Iron Destiny / Japanese version of Phantom Antichrist
Take Their Lives / Flag Of Hate (EP)

Plus some demos (Violent Revolution and some songs off Hordes of Chaos).

Just to mention a few ways to get your hands on those tracks… ;)

Posted: 22 June 2012 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-05-29

That is excellent!!

Thanks very much for the help, I must track some of those down

I’m looking forward greatly to hearing ‘Iron Destiny’ - am loving the new album, almost sounds like a pop music quote in saying “it’s addictive” - but that’s exactly what it is, addictive! Will be playing it on journey home tonight -again :) A sterling work of metal art, only a few weeks old but I’d put it up there with Kreator’s absolute best. A stunning show of power and head and shoulders above contemporaries like recent albums from Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth. ‘Phantom Antichrist’ is simply a different league.