What should the ‘Phantom Antichrist’ setlist look like?
Posted: 03 June 2012 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  429
Joined  2012-02-11

As you have probably realised by now, I am fascinated by setlists (see the ‘Holy cows in the setlist’-thread). In this thread I want you to leave your suggestions of complete setlists that you think would make a great setlist for the upcoming tour. However, this is not a the thread for “My dream setlist” (we can make another thread for that purpose). By all means, add songs you want to hear but at the same time try to make this setlist realistic. (Ex. Maybe you want Kreator to only play material from ‘Cause for conflict’ but that is not going to happen. So, save that suggestion for your “dream setlist” and try to post something here that you think they could actually play.)

As I wrote in the ‘Holy cows in the setlist’-thread I would like if Kreator mixed things up a bit more to make their setlist more unpredictable and I took Metallica as an example as a band who always had a lot of songs in rotation which made all concerts unique. However, this might be a very demanding thing to do for Kreator since they need to rehearse so many songs that they usually never play. Therefore I instead suggest that they keep three different setlists where only five songs change from one setlist to the other.

My idea behind this setlist is this:

1. Make three different lists with only 5 songs differing from eachother.

2. Reserve two of these five slots for new songs and keep three new songs in the fixed setlist in order for all new songs to be played on the tour at some point!

3. Let the remaining three slots be songs that Kreator already have played a lot during the last couple of tours. This way they won’t need to relearn too many songs that they have not played in a long time.

4. Add a healthy dose of songs into the fixed setlist that have not been played the last couple of tours. Three of these songs are songs that got top votes when fans was asked to vote for their favorite classic songs. Not many of these songs actually made it into that tour (but ‘The Pestilence’ and ‘When the sun burns red’ were two of them. Since they have already been played I settle for the ones that didn’t get played: ‘Agents of brutality’, ‘Love us or hate us’ and ‘Under the guillotine’.)

5. Add a personal favorite song that I have never heard them play live before; ‘Take their lives’.

6. Since I have added so many new songs into the list I have tried to be as conservative as possible with the remaining songs. Golden oldies like ‘Betrayer’, ‘Pleasure to kill’ and the ‘Flag of hate’/‘Tormentor’ medley are still in the fixed list.

7. I have excluded all the 90’s material and know that I will be criticized for this. But I wanted the lists to be as consistant as possible and also since I have added so much new material (even songs from 90’s-10’s is new to many fans who will see the band for the first time) I think a lot of casual fans will start to groan if they also have to hear ‘Lost’, ‘Black sunrise’ and ‘Endorama’).

8. I totally excluded ‘Voices of the dead’ since it is the song I least want to hear played live out of the whole Kreator back catalog. I didn’t care fore the song to begin with and I have heard it played on so many shows now.

9. I put all of the rotating songs in one block so that it would not confuse the band so much when they are on stage.

10. I also wanted to try something different by putting the title track toward the end instead of the beginning. This way you will also hear the ‘Mars mantra’ intro while the band is off-stage. I also gave the band a break before ‘Agents of brutality’ (which also has a short intro).

11. The idea is that every single setlist should be played every third show. Therefore, night one setlist A will be played. Night two setlist B will be played and night three setlist C will be played. Then it all start all over again. The whole idea is that if you as a fan want to see several shows in a row (for example the three shows in California) you will get to hear something different.

Setlist A

Intro Choir of the damned
1.    Betrayer
2.    Hordes of chaos
3.    United in hate
4.    Love us or hate us
5.    Enemy of God
6.    The Few, the proud, the broken
7.    Civilisation collapse
8.    Violent revolution
9.    Extreme aggression
10.  Terror zone

11.  Take their lives
——————————————————
12.  Agents of brutality
13.  Until our paths cross again
14.  Pleasure to kill
——————————————————
15.  Mars Mantra/Phantom Antichrist
16.  Under the guillotine
17.  Flag of hate/Tormentor

Setlist B

1.    Betrayer
2.    Hordes of chaos
3.    United in hate
4.    Love us or hate us
5.    Enemy of God
6.    From flood into fire
7.    Your heaven, my hell
8.    Destroy what destroys you
9.    Terrible certainty
10.  Coma of souls

11.  Take their lives
——————————————————
12.  Agents of brutality
14.  Pleasure to kill
——————————————————

Setlist C

1.    Betrayer
2.    Hordes of chaos
3.    United in hate
4.    Love us or hate us
5.    Enemy of God
6.    Victory will come
7.    Death to the world
8.    Warcurse
9.    Phobia
10.  People of the lie

11.  Take their lives
——————————————————
12.  Agents of brutality
14.  Pleasure to kill
——————————————————

Signature 

AGAINST RELIGION AND ALL NATIONS FLAGS!

Posted: 03 June 2012 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2012-03-24

You’ve got too much time on your hands.

Posted: 03 June 2012 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  429
Joined  2012-02-11
comaofbowls - 03 June 2012 04:10 PM

Yes, finally. I wrote my last exam this friday and now I can spend my time making setlists and playing videogames. I think they turned out alright though. Don’t you think?

Signature 

AGAINST RELIGION AND ALL NATIONS FLAGS!

Posted: 03 June 2012 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1050
Joined  2012-02-19
Phantom Antichrist - 03 June 2012 04:41 PM
comaofbowls - 03 June 2012 04:10 PM

I wrote my last exam this friday

Congratulations ( sorry for spelling) my friend. Good job :)

Signature 

LOST SOCIETY - TERROR HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!! 2014

Posted: 03 June 2012 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2012-04-12

Well he will know if it was a good job or not by the time he is getting his results ;)

Posted: 07 June 2012 02:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2012-05-21

I think your idea is cool. 

I havent heard WHEN THE SUN BURNS RED live since the Coma of Souls tour March of 1991
Hadnt heard THE PESTILENCE since that same tour and let me tell you something, THAT song and THAT song alone totally made my night!

I hope we get to hear a few more songs like that this coming tour. 

To answer your question of “What should the setlist look like?”  I need to think about that a bit more haha

Posted: 07 June 2012 02:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2012-02-29

They played both The Pestilence and When the Sun Burns Red on the HoC pt 2 tour in the US. I was going insane during both those songs!

I’ll respond about the setlist once I actually hear Phantom Antichrist. Nuclear Blast didn’t ship my pre-order until the 4th so I probably won’t be receiving it until Friday the earliest. Most likely it will be sometime next week though…

Posted: 17 June 2012 01:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
One of Us
Rank
Joined  2012-05-21

Lucky you, we didnt get When the Sun Burns Red here in Massachusettes…..it figures. we always seem to get fucked! On the last SLAYER tour, they didnt play Aggressive Perfector in Massachusettes, but fortunately I went to Connecticut as well. 
The thing I will never understand is if a band has to cut a song, why the fuck they always cut the 1 song they havent played in 20 years rather than something they always play, in this case I would have gladly traded any of the staples to hear WTSBR for the 1st time since the Coma tour….........sigh.

Posted: 22 July 2012 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2012-07-22

the only thing kreator is bad at is making these setlists, they should consider our ideas

but actually i cant blame them cause all of their songs are terrific it must be hard to choose 17 songs

Signature 

FOR NOW MY NAME WILL FOREVER BE REMEMBERED

Posted: 04 August 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  751
Joined  2012-08-01

I would like to hear something from CFC - Hate Inside Your Head for example, but they`ll probably ignore that album as always…

And the setlist will begin with Mars Mantra/Phantom Antichrist - I`m sure.

Signature 

Сподели моята философия - абсолютна мизантропия!

Posted: 09 September 2012 01:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
One of Us
Rank
Joined  2012-05-21
amok run - 22 July 2012 10:25 AM

the only thing kreator is bad at is making these setlists, they should consider our ideas

but actually i cant blame them cause all of their songs are terrific it must be hard to choose 17 songs

man you said a mouthful.  I could come up with a KILLER setlist that would make EVERYONE happy….guranteed…it wouldnt be that difficult either.

Its actually quite simple:

1. 4-5 brand new tracks
2. 11 or 12 old songs you havent played in awhile or ever

see how easy?