Sold Out versions of Phantom Antichrist album
Posted: 31 May 2012 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-05-31

Hi guys,
I’m a rather old fan of Kreator, but a new member in the message board. I’m excited of the new album coming up. The same title song kicks ass, and I love the video clip!

Now, I’m a ltd edition sucker, and I have a hard time looking all the different versions the new album is being released on, and even more hard time trying to decide which ones to buy. By the time I decide, I see that many versions have already sold out, which means I’ll be seeing them on EBay soon, being sold for double, triple, etc. price, which sucks!

I have already bought the single on red vinyl on Discogs, for €25. Now I see it being sold for €32 and over.

Which album versions are about to be released and are already sold out?

Here are some editions I have seen on Nuclear Blast and are no longer there:
-clear vinyl
-half red/half black vinyl
-mailorder edition metallic box set cd/DVD/shirt/etc.
-green vinyl

Any more editions coming up, not yet announced?

Posted: 31 May 2012 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2012-04-12

This ltd. thing is getting really ridiculous… I got myself the 7” in red and the CD + DVD of the album and I’m fine with it.

But let me see, as far as i know, the ltd. versions are:
Single:
- blood red vinyl (250, NB, sold out)
- clear vinyl (250, NB, sold out)
Album:
- red/black vinyl (500, NB, sold out)
- clear vinyl (333, NB, sold out)
- brown vinyl (300, NB, available)
- green vinyl (100, NB, exclusive to bronze members, sold out)
- red vinyl (200, HR)
- “mailorder” metal box set including CD, DVD, exclusive “Live at Wacken” CD, T-Shirt, Poster and autogram card (500, NB, sold out)
- “ultimate” box set including CD, DVD, exclusive “Live at Wacken” CD, T-Shirt, Poster and autogram card (1000)

The following are said to be limited by some shops and/or eBayers (however, I think if yes, the limitation is around a few 10,000 copies):
- CD + DVD
- Picture Vinyl
- Yellow Vinyl

These are not exclusive to NB or other shops, that also lowers collector’s value in my opinion.

I bet there are more versions or at least more versions to come.

Have fun getting them all! It will be a pain in the a** for sure.
Be sure to check this link.
Musik-Sammler.de is a German online service for managing your record collection, it’s free, and mostly people collecting metal records are using it. Therefore I’m sure the different versions of the album will pop up there in the next few days.

Posted: 31 May 2012 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1116
Joined  2012-02-19

Its just one day left for us in Europe. Yay…Then the albym is here

Signature 

STEVE “ZETRO” SOUZA IS KING

Posted: 31 May 2012 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2012-02-05
TheBoss - 31 May 2012 10:57 AM

- green vinyl (100, NB, exclusive to bronze members, sold out)

...which is already worth €150-200 on ebay. As if we could’ve known…. :roll:
Those who want it, and weren’t “bronze members”, are now forced to buy it at ridiculous prices on ebay (or elsewhere).
And those who don’t give a f*** about the album sell theirs…

This is soooooo wrong… :sick:

TheBoss - 31 May 2012 10:57 AM

Have fun getting them all! It will be a pain in the ass for sure.
Be sure to check this link.
Musik-Sammler.de is a German online service for managing your record collection, it’s free, and mostly people collecting metal records are using it. Therefore I’m sure the different versions of the album will pop up there in the next few days.

The only missing version for me will be the green vinyl. Some users from Musik-Sammler already entered some versions. If there will be any versions missing tomorrow - I’ll add them! ;D

And then there’S one version missing in this thread: It’s the black/red splatter vinyl from Nuclear Blast USA.
...which can only be ordered by people living in the US of A… :)

Posted: 31 May 2012 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Joined  2012-04-12
Devastator - 31 May 2012 07:38 PM

And then there’S one version missing in this thread: It’s the black/red splatter vinyl from Nuclear Blast USA.

I did not know of it, but after looking it up, my conclusion is: awesome looks! Way more fitting than the European version. This is going to be a collectible for sure!

Posted: 05 June 2012 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
One of Us
Rank
Joined  2012-05-31

There’s a new version of the vinyl just added in the NUCLEAR BLAST mailorder. Double blue vinyl 180g, gatefold cover,  incl. lyric sheets and a DIN A2 poster!Limited to 300 copies! Check it out: http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/products/tontraeger/vinyl/2lp/kreator-phantom-antichrist-blue-vinyl.html
I wonder how many more versions they are planning of releasing…!

Posted: 05 June 2012 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2012-02-05

NB will release more and more versions as long as the old versions are going to be sold out. Do you know the band Ghost?
I guess Phantom Antichrist will become NB’s Opus Eponymous… :D

Posted: 06 June 2012 02:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Joined  2012-04-12

Why don’t they just say: Okay, we release this album in every color of the visible spectrum, we just make them all available at the same time so everybody knows where he’s at and how many different version limited to how many copies are there in total. In my opinion, the way they chose to do it, all they do is lowering the collector’s value of the different versions and confusing the die hard fans and collectors…

Posted: 16 June 2012 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Soul Eraser
RankRank
Total Posts:  158
Joined  2012-06-11
Devastator - 05 June 2012 07:05 PM

NB will release more and more versions as long as the old versions are going to be sold out. Do you know the band Ghost?
I guess Phantom Antichrist will become NB’s Opus Eponymous… :D

Thats not true, NB limits vinyl presses and they will end at some point. And usually they never do reissues on future, from their previous limited editions.
NB did not added all the coloured vinyl at same time.
6-7 Weeks before street-date (June 1st) they’ve made available:
Pic-disc (limitation unknown)
Yellow (limitation unknown)
Green vinyl (exclusive NB bronze/silver/gold users) limited to 100 hand numbered copies
Red/Black bi-color (exclusive NB costumers) limited to 500 hand numbered copies.

4-5 weeks before street date, they’ve made available:
Clear vinyl (exclusive NB costumers) limited to 333 hand numbered copies.

1 week before street date, they’ve made available:
Brown vinyl limited to 300 NOT hand numbered

After street date (June 1st) they’ve made available:
Blue vinyl limited to 300 NOT hand numbered

This is kinda marketing policy NB been following recently with such huge demand for vinyl records, this way they give opportunity to fans that misses the 1st releases available. I saw this happenning this year with Over Kill, Meshuggah, Epica and now with Kreator.

The one release you guys will see getting stupid prices at ebay is the GREEN vinyl, this 100 (sometimes 150) NB limited editions are 50% more expensive than other colored vinyl (yes i do have access, i see the prices, and this is limited to 1 copy for costumer). Its a shame some people who has access to this 100/150 limited editions, they only buy them for profit. Other color presses are sometimes limited to 2 or 3 copies per costumer (depends on the limitation).

Posted: 16 June 2012 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
One of Us
Rank
Joined  2012-05-31

What’s the difference of the sold out “mailorder edition” metallic box set cd/DVD/shirt/etc. and the “ultimate edition” still for sale though Nuclear Blast?
If I realised right, it’s exactly the same, the only difference being that the “mailorder edition” had a silk screened printed tin cover that the “ultimate edition” doesn’t have.
Can you confirm that?
Any chance I can find a copy of the “ultimate edition” anywhere at a “logical” price? Rather late I guess for that…!
Cheers!

Posted: 16 June 2012 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Soul Eraser
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-11

The only differences between Mailorder and Ultimate editions are the embossed thin metallic cover attached to box with 4 screws + the number of copies 500 vs 1000 (and the price, the mailorder edition was 55.55€+shipping).
They both got the same 2cds + dvd + t-shirt + SIGNED card + A1 poster + certificated.

Posted: 07 July 2012 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19

The clear vinyl is back on NB shop…Weird

Signature 

Posted: 07 July 2012 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Soul Eraser
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-11

Prolly someone didnt payed/made the bank transfer, giving up on his/her order. Saw that happen with Unleashed 2012 album recently, and i called asking why the WHITE vinyl was back on stock. The reason gave was: Costumer didnt fulfill the bank transfer after 30 days.
Anyway, nice opportunity to grab the 2nd most limited edition HANDNUMBERED ;)

Posted: 07 July 2012 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19
joolivus - 07 July 2012 01:14 PM

Anyway, nice opportunity to grab the 2nd most limited edition HANDNUMBERED ;)

How many Clear vinyls are they?

Signature 

Posted: 07 July 2012 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Soul Eraser
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-11

Green vinyl (exclusive NB bronze/silver/gold users) limited to 100 hand numbered copies
Red/Black bi-color (exclusive NB costumers) limited to 500 hand numbered copies.
Clear vinyl (exclusive NB costumers) limited to 333 hand numbered copies.

Theres other limited press, like 200 RED + 300 BROWN + 300 BLUE, but those are not handnumbered ;)

‹‹ Iron destiny???      Today is a good day ››