RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  429
Joined  2012-02-11
David - 31 May 2012 04:53 PM
metal-lord - 31 May 2012 04:28 PM
David - 31 May 2012 03:39 PM
metal-lord - 31 May 2012 06:51 AM

David . Kreator isnt death metal. They are Thrash metal

Maybe 20 years ago. Now they are almost pure melodic death metal.

Not at all. Death metal is raw and almost to brutal (for me it is). It has growl vocals. Kreator isnt even near the death metal…

Not really. I am talking about melodic death, not ordinary death metal. Listen to bands such as Amon Amarth or Arch Enemy—riffs from Enemy Of God, Hordes Of Chaos and Phantom Antichrist are pure melodic death riffs, the only difference is the vocals. Somewhere they even dive into power metal

The only think “death metal” about “melodic death metal” is the singing. One you take that away it is hardly “death” anymore. But I agree that Kreator have been inspired by this genre but in my opinion they are doing a much better job at it than those lousy people from Gothenburg and Finland.

The thing is this; whenever a band change direction it is always hard to swallow. But just because they are doing a melodic album in 2012 does not mean that this is the way they will sound from now on. As much as I was let down by the direction Kreator went in the 90’s, it is much easier for me to appreachiate that music now when I know that it is in the past and not where they are at now.

That said I really like the new album and I don’t think they could have done a better job in the way they decided to change direction. This still sound like Kreator with the fucked up tempos and Milles singing and twisted arrangements. All bands should feel free to experiment a bit as long as they stay true to the core of what they are about.

Signature 

AGAINST RELIGION AND ALL NATIONS FLAGS!

Posted: 01 June 2012 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Total Posts:  103
Joined  2012-02-04

This ain’t melo death metal, don’t be ridiculous man! :) And I don’t now what do you have against him so much PA? It’s his choice to whether to buy the album or not. Some people like to have originals in their hands, other aren’t familiar with that feeling, their loss.

Signature 

Now rain shall wash away sad remains of man
Cities once so proud will crumble into sand
Buildings all collapse when all is done and said
The guilty ones will die with the innocent…

Posted: 01 June 2012 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-11
Morphy - 01 June 2012 08:32 AM

This ain’t melo death metal, don’t be ridiculous man! :) And I don’t now what do you have against him so much PA? It’s his choice to whether to buy the album or not. Some people like to have originals in their hands, other aren’t familiar with that feeling, their loss.

I am against that he expect people to help him to interpret and write down the lyrics for his enjoyment even though he is not prepared to give a penny to the people who wrote those lyrics. I’m fed up with this parasite attitude.

Signature 

Posted: 01 June 2012 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2012-02-06
Phantom Antichrist - 01 June 2012 01:52 PM

I am against that he expect people to help him to interpret and write down the lyrics for his enjoyment even though he is not prepared to give a penny to the people who wrote those lyrics. I’m fed up with this parasite attitude.

I’m asking kind people to help. I’ve always helped others when they needed my help and I don’t see why would someone who is capable of copying/writing down the lyrics reject to do it to benefit not only me but a lot more people out there. I am not buying the album because I don’t like it apart from the lyrical part and I think it would be a lot of money to pay for just the lyrics if I’m not going to listen to the album.

Also, the riffs are too melodical and the vocals are way too mild to call it real thrash, yet again—whether or not it’s melodic death is a subject of debate.

Posted: 01 June 2012 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-11
David - 01 June 2012 02:18 PM
Phantom Antichrist - 01 June 2012 01:52 PM

I’m asking kind people to help. I’ve always helped others when they needed my help and I don’t see why would someone who is capable of copying/writing down the lyrics reject to do it to benefit not only me but a lot more people out there. I am not buying the album because I don’t like it apart from the lyrical part and I think it would be a lot of money to pay for just the lyrics if I’m not going to listen to the album.

Also, the riffs are too melodical and the vocals are way too mild to call it real thrash, yet again—whether or not it’s melodic death is a subject of debate.

Dude, I was not even talking to you. Isn’t there any other forums of bands that you actually like where you can go and bug people?

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2012 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2012-02-06

always try encyclopaedia metallum for lyrics. if you can get over the fact they have the band listed as thrash metal

Posted: 06 June 2012 09:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Total Posts:  115
Joined  2012-05-13

Melodic death metal is thrash metal. Maybe it’s more melodic, the voice isn’t the same… But melodic death metal is thrash metal.

Posted: 06 June 2012 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2012-04-12

Please, don’t mix the Gothenburg guys with thrash metal. Using elements of thrash like the uffta-uffta beat yes, being thrash no.

Posted: 01 August 2012 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  718
Joined  2012-08-01
David - 29 May 2012 12:46 AM

Hey, anyone out there who can transcribe the lyrics of Phantom Antichrist? I know it’s a bit of work to do, but I guess there are people who wish to help. I, for one, have a hard time understanding some parts of the songs and I guess it’d be nice to have a native/really good speaker transcribe them

Best regards

http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/kreator/phantomantichrist.html#1

Signature 

Сподели моята философия - абсолютна мизантропия!

< 1 2
2 of 2

‹‹ SPARK 06/ 2012      Iron destiny??? ››