< 1 2 3 4 > 
3 of 4
Phantom Antichrist - How do you like the new album?
Posted: 07 June 2012 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-06-07

It may become my favorite Kreator release (and that’s saying a lot).  Great disc!  :)  \m/

Posted: 07 June 2012 11:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1119
Joined  2012-02-19
StaffInfection - 07 June 2012 09:15 PM

It may become my favorite Kreator release (and that’s saying a lot).  Great disc!  :)  \m/

Same here :)

Signature 

STEVE “ZETRO” SOUZA IS KING

Posted: 12 June 2012 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2012-03-09

Mine arrived today!

Only had time to listen to the first half, hoping its a grower.

Signature 

The Karmic wheel is turning ......

Posted: 14 June 2012 06:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2012-05-13

The album is really epic, just like they said. Great Melodies and Harmonies, also heavy riffs.

Today I walked to school and listened to The Few, The Proud, The Broken and I got goose bumps all over my body!(from that part at the end)
Really good album, it’s not that heavy and asskicking (like Exodus for example) but It’s damn good.

So musically spoken I would say it’s Kreator’s best album so far

Signature 

Spread the Word of Death and Shame

Posted: 15 June 2012 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2012-02-07

OK… I have finally heard it all, although I haven’t bought it yet. I surely will be spending my money soon as well as planning a road trip to either Washington, D.C. and/or Columbus to see them. Being in Florida sucks as it looks as if Kreator will skip us this time around. I can’t say that I blame them too much as their last time here had a very small turnout. If they hadn’t come last time around though, I wouldn’t have gotten to meet Sami and talk his ear off for 30 minutes (THANKS… I’ll never forget it).

Since I’m sure that you all care what Grover thinks, I’ll get to it…

First… the word “epic” is thrown around so much these days that it takes the meaning of the word away. So I had to think of my own word for it. After a few days of thinking about it, that same 4-letter word was released from my swollen and half infected head: EPIC. After watching the “album trailers”, I remember Sami saying that they were playing at the edge of their abilities. The guitar work may not be the jaw dropping and bone crushing kind that everyone always wants, but it is some of the best work I have seen from any metal band. Maybe now some of the Slayer fanatics will see what I’m talking about when I say that Kreator can play guitar and Slayer can’t. That isn’t really a knock on Slayer, it is simply that Slayer is AWESOME for the speed freaks, but comes up a bit short when compared to the guitar work of Kreator.

It is a great album for sure, and if it grows on me like “Hordes” did, I’ll probably think it is Kreator’s 2nd best release to date. “Hordes” was my favorite from day one of hearing it and I really don’t think it can be beaten. Maybe this one will grow into my favorite album in time. Of course, I would fall in love with 10 mellotron duets if they were done by Mille and Sami but that doesn’t mean this album is not worthy. In fact, I will go as far as to say that this album has “more to like” to most metal fans and if you like metal at all, you will find something you like on it and this release is for you.

You can’t release a perfect album that EVERYONE loves… from that perspective, this is one of the best metal albums I have heard. It really lacks nothing. Thanks for tuning in, and we will see you as the seven seals are broken and the apocalypse is upon us. You know the ONE Christian here just HAD to make a reference….

Signature 

My only aim is to take many lives. The more, the better I feel!

Posted: 16 June 2012 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Joined  2012-05-13
MPetrozzaIsGod - 15 June 2012 01:41 AM

[...] Kreator can play guitar and Slayer can’t [...]

xD so true

I really like Slayer, they have a lot of heavy, crushing, evil guitar riffs but their solos ......

you know what I mean

Signature 

Posted: 16 June 2012 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19
Hellraiser - 16 June 2012 11:40 AM

xD so true

but their solos ......

...Sounds like shit

Signature 

Posted: 16 June 2012 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19
Hellraiser - 16 June 2012 11:40 AM

xD so true

I really like Slayer, they have a lot of heavy, crushing, evil guitar riffs but their solos ......

you know what I mean

But i must agree on that they make killer riffs :)

Signature 

Posted: 16 June 2012 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Soul Eraser
RankRank
Total Posts:  158
Joined  2012-06-11

Just forget Slayer or any other band around. Everybody (every band/artist) deserves respect (except those nazis, and moron alike kids), after all at the end of the day they all contribute for us, the listeners and followers, fell much better :)
This Phantom Antichrist is like dope, everytime i listen to it, its kinda like i wanna more and more. Damn, cant get enough ... since Extreme Agression that i didnt felt like this over a KREATOR album.

Posted: 17 June 2012 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Joined  2012-05-13

omg hahahahaha xDD

i just realised that at the end of The Few, The Proud, The Broken Mille says: “War gut.”

Didn’t ever heard that before after the song

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2012 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19
Hellraiser - 17 June 2012 12:26 PM

omg hahahahaha xDD

i just realised that at the end of The Few, The Proud, The Broken Mille says: “War gut.”

Didn’t ever heard that before after the song

I also heard that :D

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2012 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2012-02-13
joolivus - 16 June 2012 02:11 PM

Just forget Slayer or any other band around. Everybody (every band/artist) deserves respect (except those nazis, and moron alike kids), after all at the end of the day they all contribute for us, the listeners and followers, fell much better :)

While it is true,just for the heck of it,I’d like to say that for me,there is no competition between Slayer and Kreator.And it’s not just because their music became quite different in the last 2 decades,but also because I think about what the two bands gave us in the last 15-20 yrs.And if someone thinks like that,then there’s no doubt that Kreator easily takes the cake.Last time Slayer wrote a masterpiece,it was 1990.Kreator wrote a masterpiece in 1990 too,but they wrote another one in 2005,and another one this year. So there you go,no competition at all… :)))

Signature 

Quote of this week:“Metal is dead!” - Lars Ulrich

Posted: 17 June 2012 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2012-02-05

Great album - listened to it more than 120 times since release..

Favourite songs are “Until our paths cross again”, “Phantom Antichrist”, “From flood into fire” and “The few, the proud, the broken”.

Posted: 17 June 2012 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Total Posts:  115
Joined  2012-05-13
The Clansman - 17 June 2012 05:53 PM

Kreator wrote a masterpiece in 1990 too,but they wrote another one in 2005,and another one this year. So there you go,no competition at all… :)))

Don’t forget the one they wrote in 2001 ;)

Posted: 17 June 2012 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2012-02-05

And all the other years… :D

< 1 2 3 4 > 
3 of 4