1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 4
Phantom Antichrist - How do you like the new album?
Posted: 25 May 2012 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  427
Joined  2012-02-11

I was going to wait by posting this topic until the album had been released but unfortunately the complete album has leaked and can now be found online.

So, what is your first impressions of the new album?

I am listening to it right now and the first songs ‘From Flood Inte Fire’ and ‘Until Our Paths Cross Again’ are rather mellow stuff. Not the “positive vibe” I was expecting. It is also more melodic than ‘Hordes of chaos’. I can not say so much about what I think about it yet. I have to give it a few run-throughs.

Signature 

AGAINST RELIGION AND ALL NATIONS FLAGS!

Posted: 25 May 2012 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1129
Joined  2012-02-19

Why and how have it leaked? I dont understand…

Signature 

STEVE “ZETRO” SOUZA IS KING

Posted: 25 May 2012 06:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-11
metal-lord - 25 May 2012 06:11 PM

Why and how have it leaked? I dont understand…

By now the album has been sent out to different magazines and other media for them to review before the album is released. My guess is that someone with connections with some magazine has leaked this.

Signature 

Posted: 25 May 2012 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19

Is this the first time a Kreator album have leaked or has it happened before?

Signature 

Posted: 25 May 2012 09:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Total Posts:  115
Joined  2012-05-13

It happens with almost every release nowadays…

Posted: 25 May 2012 10:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2012-02-29

I don’t plan on looking it up. I really am dying to hear the album and it is really tempting, but I don’t want to listen to anything besides what has been intentionally released until i have the hard copy in my hands.
I’ll get back to you on this…

Posted: 25 May 2012 11:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-11
W8ulostme - 25 May 2012 10:25 PM

I don’t plan on looking it up. I really am dying to hear the album and it is really tempting, but I don’t want to listen to anything besides what has been intentionally released until i have the hard copy in my hands.

I know, it feels like cheating. These leaks kind of ruin the moment.

Having listened some more to it I can say that this album has some of the best lead guitar work. Great solos and instrumental parts. The whole album is enjoyable to listen to but maybe it’s a bit too inoffensive to the ears. To me this album works as background music and if there is one thing Kreator have never been it’s “enjoyable background music”.

One of the interviews stated that this album had a lot of songs that had a live anthem feel. I don’t think I agree with that. Right now it feels like a very nice album, but with only one real big hit (the title track). I like the fact that they have done a lot of new things on this album. It sounds really different and has indeed that “epic” feel Mille talked about.

I am still early in the listening process and I am sure my impression will change after listening to it more thoroughly.

Signature 

Posted: 26 May 2012 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2012-04-12

Same here.

Posted: 26 May 2012 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Total Posts:  115
Joined  2012-05-13

I agree with you. Sometimes, it’s useful to know if the album is good or not… But is there anyone here who thinks KREATOR’s new album can’t be good ?

Posted: 26 May 2012 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2012-05-13

I won’t look for it on the web. I really want to buy this thing as soon as I can!

Signature 

Spread the Word of Death and Shame

Posted: 26 May 2012 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19

I looked on one song. And the song was called victory will come. And i really loved the track but thats the only track i listened to. Im gonna wait with listening to the full album. But Phantom Antichrist and Victory Will Come are killer tracks.

Signature 

Posted: 26 May 2012 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2012-02-05
Phantom Antichrist - 25 May 2012 11:09 PM

Having listened some more to it I can say that this album has some of the best lead guitar work. Great solos and instrumental parts. The whole album is enjoyable to listen to but maybe it’s a bit too inoffensive to the ears. To me this album works as background music and if there is one thing Kreator have never been it’s “enjoyable background music”.

One of the interviews stated that this album had a lot of songs that had a live anthem feel. I don’t think I agree with that. Right now it feels like a very nice album, but with only one real big hit (the title track). I like the fact that they have done a lot of new things on this album. It sounds really different and has indeed that “epic” feel Mille talked about.

I am still early in the listening process and I am sure my impression will change after listening to it more thoroughly.

I agree about the lead guitar work. A lot of it is excellent. Sami is the best thing to happen to this band since Frank Blackfire. I disagree about the anthem thing though. A lot of the songs feel anthemic to me. Mille was spot on with the epic feeling.

It’s a decent album. It sort of reminds me of Iron Maiden’s The Final Frontier in a way. It’s enjoyable, but feels like an inferior version of the three albums that preceded it.

Posted: 27 May 2012 04:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2012-02-13

Thanks for the info PA…I’ll take a listen,and I’ll tell you what I think later…thx again.

Signature 

Quote of this week:“Metal is dead!” - Lars Ulrich

Posted: 27 May 2012 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-11
lordcatfish - 26 May 2012 08:27 PM

I disagree about the anthem thing though. A lot of the songs feel anthemic to me. Mille was spot on with the epic feeling.

I can hear anthem/sing-along parts in a couple of songs. However, I am very doubtful that we will see a Kreator-audience sing along to ‘From Flood into Fire’. They are not Blind Guardian fans after all. I think any attempts to get that song to take off will fall flat. Personally, I like the song but I think maybe ‘United in Hate’ (this one has a bigger chance of having people sing along actually), ‘Phantom Antichrist’, ‘Civilization Collapse’ and ‘Until our paths cross again’ are better live choices.

As I predicted, the album is growing on me. I am getting into the songs much more now. I don’t think this album is inferior to ‘Violent revolution’ or ‘Enemy of God’. This album has much more variety and melody than those two albums and is more fun to listen too. However, I still think that ‘Hordes of Chaos’ has better riffs and that is the most important part for me. If I would rank the last four albums at this point it would be 1. Hordes of Chaos. 2. Phantom Antichrist 3. Violent Revolution 4. Enemy of God.

This album is bloody good!

Signature 

Posted: 27 May 2012 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2012-02-06

I also will not be listening to anything before the official release. I have given up on listening to anything before the release unless I get a physical copy in my hand. That’s just how I roll!

I skipped over most of the comments here because I dont want to know anything about the album until I can judge it for myself.

Signature 

*formerly “mustaine maniac” on the old forum*

Posted: 27 May 2012 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19
Phantom Antichrist - 27 May 2012 12:01 PM
lordcatfish - 26 May 2012 08:27 PM

I disagree about the anthem thing though. A lot of the songs feel anthemic to me. Mille was spot on with the epic feeling.

I can hear anthem/sing-along parts in a couple of songs. However, I am very doubtful that we will see a Kreator-audience sing along to ‘From Flood into Fire’. They are not Blind Guardian fans after all. I think any attempts to get that song to take off will fall flat. Personally, I like the song but I think maybe ‘United in Hate’ (this one has a bigger chance of having people sing along actually), ‘Phantom Antichrist’, ‘Civilization Collapse’ and ‘Until our paths cross again’ are better live choices.

As I predicted, the album is growing on me. I am getting into the songs much more now. I don’t think this album is inferior to ‘Violent revolution’ or ‘Enemy of God’. This album has much more variety and melody than those two albums and is more fun to listen too. However, I still think that ‘Hordes of Chaos’ has better riffs and that is the most important part for me. If I would rank the last four albums at this point it would be 1. Hordes of Chaos. 2. Phantom Antichrist 3. Violent Revolution 4. Enemy of God.

This album is bloody good!

Nice to see that you like the album…

Signature 

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 4