< 1 2 3 4 5 > 
3 of 5
PHANTOM ANTICHRIST - First preview of the titletrack HERE!
Posted: 07 April 2012 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2012-03-09

Just listened,
Sounds alright, not a massive departure, just more kreator, which at the end of the day is what we all want!

Signature 

The Karmic wheel is turning ......

Posted: 07 April 2012 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  435
Joined  2012-02-07
WeGiveyouPain - 07 April 2012 08:56 AM
metal-lord - 06 April 2012 11:32 PM

I dont got facebook to…And the joke worked on me :lol:

Don’t worry dude I’m gonna make this joke forever under every topic without getting bored until Grover takes an account and adds me as a friend!! :lol:

By the way I’m so thankful for “Jack The Viking” who had given infos about album and single,he even told us the Maiden cover!! He was the first and I’m waiting for his interview!

I have a facebook account. I’ll go to it and add you as a friend. The last time I did this my email account blew up. I was pretty popular in high school and my high school had the 2nd largest number of students of any high school in Florida. When I go on FB, it seems that I run into WAY too many people that I don’t remember too well and I run into people that I knew WAY too well also. It is a potential nightmare for me. Just remember that if you hear any stories about me… that I did that stuff in high school. High school ended in 1991 for me. It was a LONG time ago. BUT… PM me and tell me how to add you as a friend. I’m not just a Kreator fan, I’m also a computer moron. I need some help!

Signature 

My only aim is to take many lives. The more, the better I feel!

Posted: 08 April 2012 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2012-02-06

oh grover, you’re not missing much by not being on facebook. sometimes i wonder why i have one at all. i guess it’s cool sometimes though - look at me always being a negative nancy!

Signature 

*formerly “mustaine maniac” on the old forum*

Posted: 08 April 2012 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2012-02-13

Your new profile pic is really very nice!

Signature 

Quote of this week:“Metal is dead!” - Lars Ulrich

Posted: 08 April 2012 07:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  515
Joined  2012-02-04
The Clansman - 08 April 2012 06:53 PM

Your new profile pic is really very nice!

I agree with you.And this is the best “keeping off-topic” post!! :lol:

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 08 April 2012 10:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2012-02-06

lol, you guys are funny.

how long until the album is unlocked?! are you guys even doing your job anymore?! :lol:

Signature 

*formerly “mustaine maniac” on the old forum*

Posted: 08 April 2012 11:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  429
Joined  2012-02-11

Yeah, we are counting on you guys!

Signature 

AGAINST RELIGION AND ALL NATIONS FLAGS!

Posted: 09 April 2012 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2012-02-29

Seeing as I was part of the task I listened to it all weekend. I ended up passing out at my computer and lost count of how many times I listened to it. So I guess I’ll just have to keep going not knowing how close we are…

Posted: 09 April 2012 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-11
W8ulostme - 09 April 2012 03:14 PM

Seeing as I was part of the task I listened to it all weekend. I ended up passing out at my computer and lost count of how many times I listened to it. So I guess I’ll just have to keep going not knowing how close we are…

You’re a true hero.

By the way, did anyone figure out the words in that clip. Too me it sounds like “...destruction and misery. Souls awaken off to see far beyond the lies - Phantom antichrist”. I am not sure that makes sense. It could also be ‘distortion and misery’ or ‘souls are awakened off to sea’ but that is even weirder.

Signature 

Posted: 10 April 2012 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2012-02-06

Heard it. It’s really nothing special, predictable after the Hordes of Chaos release. I can’t say that after all these years I’m hoping for their old sound, but I was really expecting Kreator to go a little back to their roots. Nah, whatever. Still better than nothing.

Posted: 10 April 2012 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07
David - 10 April 2012 09:16 PM

Heard it. It’s really nothing special, predictable after the Hordes of Chaos release. I can’t say that after all these years I’m hoping for their old sound, but I was really expecting Kreator to go a little back to their roots. Nah, whatever. Still better than nothing.

“nothing special”, “predictable”, “better than nothing”

Sorry you are not impressed at all with 15 seconds of music. Most people said the same things about Hordes of Chaos in the beginning. After a while it seemed everyone loved it though. I’m not wanting it to be just like Hordes of Chaos as I see Kreator as a band that has EVOLVED more and better than any band of their time. I like old Kreator but I honestly like the sound with Sami the best. They sound more like a fury and brutality driven band with exceptional musicianship and technical quality unlike any other in my opinion. As I said, I like the 80’s Kreator as well, but that sound was more of a trainwreck sound with Kreator actually rushing to get their tracks recorded. I’m not knocking it as that is the sound I was into as a kid. I liked Endless Pain and Pleasure to Kill but I thought that Extreme Aggression sounded more polished but still had the aggression and brutality Kreator was known for. Extreme Aggression is what made me the Kreator freak that I am, not Endless Pain, Pleasure to Kill, or Terrible Certainty.

Lots of people say that they want to see Kreator return to the sound of the Pleasure to Kill days, but I really think that if they released a sound like that, most would say that they took a step backwards especially when it comes to songwriting and musicianship. What would I know though? I’m just an idiot.

Signature 

Posted: 10 April 2012 09:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-11

I think they found just the right style with the ‘Hordes of Chaos’-album. It’s the pure thrash album I didn’t dare to hope for. Personally, I find it unlikely that the next album will be that good but it is looking pretty good so far. Awesome cover. Awesome riffing and aggression in the pre-view soundclip. What is it that you feel is missing? Are you expecting a new ‘Endless pain’?

Signature 

Posted: 10 April 2012 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07
Phantom Antichrist - 08 April 2012 11:04 PM

Yeah, we are counting on you guys!

I’m trying my ass off. I’m probably over the 2,000 mark of listening to the “snippet”. Hell, PA is even pushing me at YouTube to “unlock” the song! I’m trying to do right by you guys! Haha! You can always count on Grover!

Signature 

Posted: 11 April 2012 12:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2012-02-06
MPetrozzaIsGod - 10 April 2012 09:35 PM

“nothing special”, “predictable”, “better than nothing”

Sorry you are not impressed at all with 15 seconds of music. Most people said the same things about Hordes of Chaos in the beginning. After a while it seemed everyone loved it though. I’m not wanting it to be just like Hordes of Chaos as I see Kreator as a band that has EVOLVED more and better than any band of their time. I like old Kreator but I honestly like the sound with Sami the best. They sound more like a fury and brutality driven band with exceptional musicianship and technical quality unlike any other in my opinion. As I said, I like the 80’s Kreator as well, but that sound was more of a trainwreck sound with Kreator actually rushing to get their tracks recorded. I’m not knocking it as that is the sound I was into as a kid. I liked Endless Pain and Pleasure to Kill but I thought that Extreme Aggression sounded more polished but still had the aggression and brutality Kreator was known for. Extreme Aggression is what made me the Kreator freak that I am, not Endless Pain, Pleasure to Kill, or Terrible Certainty.

Lots of people say that they want to see Kreator return to the sound of the Pleasure to Kill days, but I really think that if they released a sound like that, most would say that they took a step backwards especially when it comes to songwriting and musicianship. What would I know though? I’m just an idiot.

These 15 seconds say a lot about the whole album. They were referring to the new album as their “best work so far” and “groundbreaking”, so it is only natural to expect something way better than Hordes of Chaos. When they returned from the experimental music, they’d already lost all of their signature and honestly I don’t think they would be able to compose something like their first work, even if forced to. And with each new release, they’re just diving into that gross melodic death metal sound. It’s not that I despise such sound, I’m just saying that high guitar tones and nearly even melodic vocals aren’t what Kreator is all about, or at least used to be about. There are other bands which stayed consistent with their first work, so real thrash is not lost. It’s just about who still wants to record the raw sound and who wants to move on. I’m not blaming Kreator for choosing the latter, I’m just expressing my thoughts on their musical direction. But I’m no competent, so whatever.

Posted: 11 April 2012 01:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-11

I don’t know if you mean the lead guitar being ‘melodic’ on the recent albums but I felt that ‘Hordes of chaos’ was the most aggressive album so far when it came to the vocals and the riffing was technical and furious. This is developing in style. You must be able to change but as a band you should change but without leaving your core trademarks. I don’t think Kreator has done that. ‘Hordes of chaos’ was distinctively Kreator, the tempochanges and fucked up arrangements and the barking vocals. Of course they could do like Sodom when they recorded ‘The Final sign of evil’ in an old fashioned style (I really liked the result!) but it would clearly be a bit dishonest. It is not like they could unlearn playing good. Trying to do that is actually quite pretentious and a bit embarressing to be honest. For Sodom it workd because it was a one off and I don’t think they had to pretend too much. For Kreator to soud like ‘Endless pain’ again Ventor need to start playing untight again and Mille needs to pretend that his voice never matured (impossible).

Signature 

< 1 2 3 4 5 > 
3 of 5