What is Thrash Metal?
Posted: 02 April 2012 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  515
Joined  2012-02-04

This topic does not include any sarcasm or joke.I’ve just seeing people say “more thrash,is not thrash” and things like that,so this make me think that people have criterions about what the thrash metal is.

Write down your thought,definiton or description however you call it about what the thrash metal is. How do you describe it?

I’d be glad not to see any “Wikipedia” links,I think everyone would be…

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 03 April 2012 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1111
Joined  2012-02-19

Thrash are agressive and fast music

Signature 

STEVE “ZETRO” SOUZA IS KING

Posted: 06 April 2012 08:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2012-02-07

I can say this… there are millions of people out there that say Metallica is the original thrash metal band. If Metallica has ever played thrash, then Kreator doesn’t play thrash and is in a genre of their own. When I was a kid “thrash” was a genre reserved for skate/punk bands like D.R.I. I think that the word thrash covers too broad of a range, myself because Metallica and Kreator do not play the same kind of music just because both bands have vocals with 2 guitarists, a bassist, and a drummer. In my opinion, there is thrash and REAL thrash. Kreator plays REAL thrash…Metallica is more rock-n-roll. This thread needs to be combined with my thread from a couple of months ago, when I asked “who was the first real thrash metal band”.

Signature 

My only aim is to take many lives. The more, the better I feel!

Posted: 06 April 2012 10:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04
MPetrozzaIsGod - 06 April 2012 08:54 PM

This thread needs to be combined with my thread from a couple of months ago, when I asked “who was the first real thrash metal band”.

Absolutely!!! I guess thrash is something more than just to say “kill,die,war,blood,satan,kill again,die…” or just play something fast.It’s beyond pure hate or aggression…

And I also think that if KREATOR is a thrash band,than what’s the many others…?

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 08 April 2012 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-04-08

Its the fastest music

Signature 

Leaflet Delivery|shirt drukken|shirtdrukken
shirts|shirt|tshirt|tshirts
Leaflet Delivery|shirt drukken

Posted: 08 April 2012 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04

I think thrash metal is kind of mirror that reflects hidden facts from life.  And yes it’s the fastest and most aggressive!!

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 13 May 2012 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2012-05-13
MPetrozzaIsGod - 06 April 2012 08:54 PM

I can say this… there are millions of people out there that say Metallica is the original thrash metal band. If Metallica has ever played thrash, then Kreator doesn’t play thrash and is in a genre of their own. When I was a kid “thrash” was a genre reserved for skate/punk bands like D.R.I. I think that the word thrash covers too broad of a range, myself because Metallica and Kreator do not play the same kind of music just because both bands have vocals with 2 guitarists, a bassist, and a drummer. In my opinion, there is thrash and REAL thrash. Kreator plays REAL thrash…Metallica is more rock-n-roll. This thread needs to be combined with my thread from a couple of months ago, when I asked “who was the first real thrash metal band”.

Did you ever listen to the old Metallica albums? (1981 - 1990 era)

Signature 

Spread the Word of Death and Shame

Posted: 13 May 2012 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Total Posts:  75
Joined  2012-02-05
Celbertsons - 08 April 2012 11:37 AM

Its the fastest music

Thrash is Fast,Yes. But some Speed Metal Bands (as the Name implies) are just faster. For Example,check out the finnish Band “SOLITAIRE”.

Signature 

This is a Song,which I use to describe,what I feel about People like you…

Posted: 13 May 2012 09:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Soul Eraser
RankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2012-03-06

Endorama :lol:

Posted: 13 May 2012 10:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04
Tormentor - 13 May 2012 09:26 PM

Is it a kind of sarcasm? :)

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 18 May 2012 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Soul Eraser
RankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2012-03-06
WeGiveyouPain - 13 May 2012 10:02 PM
Tormentor - 13 May 2012 09:26 PM

Is it a kind of sarcasm? :)

What sarcasm dude? Endorama is my favorite Thrash Metal album. Also I added Exodus - “Bonded By Blood”. The first “pure” 100% Thrash Metal album ever. An album that defines the style! ;-P

Posted: 19 May 2012 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Total Posts:  115
Joined  2012-05-13

Thrash metal is characterized by heavy and jerky rhythmics and riffs. Old METALLICA albums were thrash metal. Being fast is not enough to be thrash. For example, bands like HELLOWEEN, GAMMA RAY, STRATOVARIUS and others play songs which are sometimes very fast (not as fast as KREATOR, but still fast) but they don’t play thrash. On the other hand, thrash metal is not inevitably fast. Some KREATOR songs are not that fast : for example, “Violent Revolution” is not really fast, but it’s a thrash metal song. In fact, thrash metal is, to me, a kind of metal where rhythmics are heavier and jerkier than in heavy metal. That’s why METALLICA and KREATOR are thrash metal (but nowadays, METALLICA plays more a kind of heavy thrash than real thrash).

People often say that there are two kinds of thrash metal : “simple” thrash metal (for instance, METALLICA and MEGADETH) and extreme thrash metal (KREATOR, SLAYER…).