PHANTOM ANTICHRIST Limited Edition Cover
Posted: 24 March 2012 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  427
Joined  2012-02-11
MPetrozzaIsGod - 23 March 2012 02:08 AM
Phantom Antichrist - 21 March 2012 11:57 PM

Looks like I will stick with the unlimited version. I think this “artist” should stick to drawing unicorns and impress 12-year old goth chicks. Comparing this to the original artwork is insulting.

Wow….You really see it as that bad? I think it mixes some old with some new and is rather refreshing as far as your Kreator looming over doomsday with nakedness goes.

I think it’s a mess. It really looks like an amateur sketchbook. Those naked ladies are extremely generic and looks exactly like the stuff you would see in a sketchbook of a high school student with artistic ambitions. It also looks like “the artist” put different drawings into the same picture. They don’t look like they belong together. Those metal tentacles that kind of disintegrates in thin air, some really clumsy figures next to some really decent looking horses….with some really silly looking tentacle legs. I think this cover is best if you look at it from a distance. Once you see the details it’s not pretty. I like the snake though. It’s well drawn.

However, the original artwork of the ‘Phantom antichrist’-album is a masterpiece. Truely professional work that really stands out from the page. It’s well drawn, the idea behind it is original, very old school and very well executed. Hats off!

Signature 

AGAINST RELIGION AND ALL NATIONS FLAGS!

Posted: 24 March 2012 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2012-03-24

The original PA artwork is the some of the sickest cover art for any metal album that I’ve ever seen. This new limited-edition artwork doesn’t even compare to it. I could see kids who like playing Magic: The Gathering to be more into the limited cover.

Posted: 24 March 2012 09:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2012-02-07
comaofbowls - 24 March 2012 04:14 PM

The original PA artwork is the some of the sickest cover art for any metal album that I’ve ever seen. This new limited-edition artwork doesn’t even compare to it. I could see kids who like playing Magic: The Gathering to be more into the limited cover.

I’m with both of you on your feelings about the almost “generic” quality of some of the artwork. Some of the different “pictures” within the picture are more defined than others and there is a ton of shit going on… but I like that part of the angle. To me it stood for the different parts of our world (or the artist’s world), that stand out the most and how everything going on is all intertwined with the same ending in sight no matter where you come from. That’s the thing with art though. Different people see different things and my interpretation of the picture may change as I look at it more. Just as your interpretation may differ from mine tremendously, this picture to me is way different than any other Kreator artwork I have ever seen. At least we have something other than an evil looking head drawing though, right?

Speaking of the demon-like heads that adorn our beloved Kreator albums, In my reading, I had stumbled upon “heavy metal mascots”. In these articles and such, people have touched on Kreator’s mascot. I have read about “Kreator’s Violent Mind” and “Kreator’s Demon”, but I never really thought of that evil lookin’ dude at a mascot although he did seem to be almost everywhere when it comes to Kreator’s releases. I’d really love to know what Kreator’s mascot is as there seems to be no true consensus as to their mascot or its name, if it has a name. If anyone knows…. sharing is caring. I’m just a poser so I can understand if you guys don’t wanna tell me what I don’t know. Haha!

I always liked to think that mascots were for bands that needed them and that the artwork was VERY secondary to Kreator’s music. It seems that Mille and co. care a lot about their artwork nowadays, so I want to care as well. I’m pretty sure that I would like a Kreator album even if it was covered with a box from some milk duds or even jello pudding. Thanks for the help, guys… and gals, of course.

Signature 

My only aim is to take many lives. The more, the better I feel!

Posted: 24 March 2012 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  427
Joined  2012-02-11
MPetrozzaIsGod - 24 March 2012 09:55 PM
comaofbowls - 24 March 2012 04:14 PM

I’m with both of you on your feelings about the almost “generic” quality of some of the artwork. Some of the different “pictures” within the picture are more defined than others and there is a ton of shit going on… but I like that part of the angle. To me it stood for the different parts of our world (or the artist’s world), that stand out the most and how everything going on is all intertwined with the same ending in sight no matter where you come from. That’s the thing with art though. Different people see different things and my interpretation of the picture may change as I look at it more. Just as your interpretation may differ from mine tremendously, this picture to me is way different than any other Kreator artwork I have ever seen. At least we have something other than an evil looking head drawing though, right?

Speaking of the demon-like heads that adorn our beloved Kreator albums, In my reading, I had stumbled upon “heavy metal mascots”. In these articles and such, people have touched on Kreator’s mascot. I have read about “Kreator’s Violent Mind” and “Kreator’s Demon”, but I never really thought of that evil lookin’ dude at a mascot although he did seem to be almost everywhere when it comes to Kreator’s releases. I’d really love to know what Kreator’s mascot is as there seems to be no true consensus as to their mascot or its name, if it has a name. If anyone knows…. sharing is caring. I’m just a poser so I can understand if you guys don’t wanna tell me what I don’t know. Haha!

I always liked to think that mascots were for bands that needed them and that the artwork was VERY secondary to Kreator’s music. It seems that Mille and co. care a lot about their artwork nowadays, so I want to care as well. I’m pretty sure that I would like a Kreator album even if it was covered with a box from some milk duds or even jello pudding. Thanks for the help, guys… and gals, of course.

You are right! Maybe we can give him a name? He could possibly already have a title. Could he be the Demon King or the Tormentor maybe? We must ask Kreator about this, and if he doesn’t have a name we should have a voting in the forum where we give him one.

Signature 

AGAINST RELIGION AND ALL NATIONS FLAGS!

Posted: 25 March 2012 03:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2012-02-29

I saw an interview with Mille where he talked about the mascot. From what I can remember he said that the name of the demon IS Kreator. Apparently it’s a demon in German mythology and it is the deity for creativity. I’ll see if I can find the interview again and I’ll post it here once i do.

Posted: 25 March 2012 04:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2012-02-07
W8ulostme - 25 March 2012 03:44 AM

I saw an interview with Mille where he talked about the mascot. From what I can remember he said that the name of the demon IS Kreator. Apparently it’s a demon in German mythology and it is the deity for creativity. I’ll see if I can find the interview again and I’ll post it here once i do.

I appreciate your work. I looked not too long ago and found something kinda funny, yet interesting… if it were true in any way, shape or form.

If you would like to read about Mille’s career as a professional basketball player and his championship winning season at Michigan State University click on this:

http://tyrannyoftradition.com/2011/05/28/the-short-strange-basketball-career-of-kreator’s-mille-petrozza/

I have read some unreal blatant lies before… but this one has a little creativity. Of course all of the basketball talk is 100% bogus but this is what I found when looking for the name of Kreator’s mascot. The guy that wrote this should be shot. If you are wondering after reading the article….... Mille was 12 years old when Michigan State won the NCAA title with Magic Johnson. WHERE IN THE HELL DO PEOPLE GET THIS STUFF?

Signature 

My only aim is to take many lives. The more, the better I feel!

Posted: 25 March 2012 04:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2012-02-06

i’m trying to envision mille playing basketball and LIKING it. hahaha! i know he’s not very fond of sports. there was however that one funny video segment on a german tv show of him rollerblading. i know he likes to do that as a workout if you count that as a sport.

Signature 

*formerly “mustaine maniac” on the old forum*

Posted: 25 March 2012 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  515
Joined  2012-02-04

When I asked him for his hobbies except MUSIC,he said MUSIC,MOVIES and TRIATHLON. haha I guess I’ve told it before as a memory yet it’s still funny I think!! And if we think about it I can say yes triathlon is not a sport it’s kinda madness!!

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 25 March 2012 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-03-02

I love that one too…

Signature 

Society failed to tolerate me and I have failed to tolerate society

Posted: 25 March 2012 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2012-02-06

i know he’s pretty into running which is cool. triathlon? haha, where did you ask him this? i must have missed it.

Signature 

*formerly “mustaine maniac” on the old forum*

Posted: 25 March 2012 05:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  515
Joined  2012-02-04
dOT rOT Thrash - 25 March 2012 05:00 PM

i know he’s pretty into running which is cool. triathlon? haha, where did you ask him this? i must have missed it.

On his Facebook page.I keep this mail.

Miland Petrozza Music, Movies and Triathlon
August 4, 2011 at 11:55pm · Unlike · 3

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 25 March 2012 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Total Posts:  75
Joined  2012-02-05

Very Cool Artwork!
Much better than the regular Version.

Signature 

This is a Song,which I use to describe,what I feel about People like you…

Posted: 26 March 2012 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-03-26

The reason they’re light is because of the all-plastic construction

Signature 

Cheap Beats Studio
Monster Beats Studio
Monster Dre Beats

Posted: 26 March 2012 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2012-03-26

I prefer this artwork to the other, though they’re both awesome!

Signature 

DOA # 02-00044

http://www.deanguitars.com/userpics/lib/finest.jpg

Posted: 28 March 2012 03:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2012-02-29
MPetrozzaIsGod - 25 March 2012 04:12 AM
W8ulostme - 25 March 2012 03:44 AM

I appreciate your work. I looked not too long ago and found something kinda funny, yet interesting… if it were true in any way, shape or form.

If you would like to read about Mille’s career as a professional basketball player and his championship winning season at Michigan State University click on this:

http://tyrannyoftradition.com/2011/05/28/the-short-strange-basketball-career-of-kreator’s-mille-petrozza/

I have read some unreal blatant lies before… but this one has a little creativity. Of course all of the basketball talk is 100% bogus but this is what I found when looking for the name of Kreator’s mascot. The guy that wrote this should be shot. If you are wondering after reading the article….... Mille was 12 years old when Michigan State won the NCAA title with Magic Johnson. WHERE IN THE HELL DO PEOPLE GET THIS STUFF?

Sorry for the late response on this, but I haven’t been able to find the interview again. Sorry about that. If I ever come across it again I’ll be sure to post it.

< 1 2 3 > 
2 of 3