1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 4
Opening bands for the Kreator concert in your city…
Posted: 24 February 2012 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2012-02-07

This is a simple question about what would be your favorite concert when Kreator invades your city on their tour supporting “Phantom Antichrist” If Kreator was the headlining band at the show in your area when the tour starts, what would be the 2 bands that you would like to see the most as the opening acts. This is purely an opinion of sorts, but who would you like to see opening for Kreator when Kreator returns to your city? Let’s try to have fun with this one as my last topic flopped and failed miserably. Keep your Flag of Hate flying high…who would you like to see open? I did write to list 2 opening acts, but any number of opening acts is cool with me.

Signature 

My only aim is to take many lives. The more, the better I feel!

Posted: 24 February 2012 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1117
Joined  2012-02-19

Maybe Destruction or Sodom

Signature 

STEVE “ZETRO” SOUZA IS KING

Posted: 24 February 2012 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

I’ve always wanted to see Sodom but I don’t know how well Kreator and Sodom get along anymore. Sodom and Destruction hate each other last time I heard. I live in the US though… what would I know?

Signature 

Posted: 24 February 2012 09:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

I know that Exodus would be on my list that I haven’t really thought about yet. Kreator and Exodus have been close to “best friends bands” for quite a while. Plus, I’m gettin old like Kreator an Exodus… and I’ve seen Exodus just once and it was about 20 years ago.

Signature 

Posted: 24 February 2012 09:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19

I love exodus to…If they should play a show i should want to see Impact is imminent and Toxic waltz

Signature 

Posted: 24 February 2012 09:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2012-02-13

Metallica and Slipknot… :lol: No seriously,I usually like if the opening bands sucks,‘cos this means I don’t already headbanged my brains out when Kreator comes to take the stage,so I can be fresh and in the technical break I can get a nice postion,right in front of stage in the first row.Rule #1 on a Kreator show,that I HAVE to be in the first row,otherwise it sucks! But a perfect destructive show for me would definitely include two other not very well-known thrash bands I like,and they’re called Annihilator and Infernal Majesty.

Signature 

Quote of this week:“Metal is dead!” - Lars Ulrich

Posted: 24 February 2012 10:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

I saw Annihilator back in 1990 I believe. They were an opening act for a more popular band that I can’t think of off of the top of my head. Annihilator was supporting their first release, “Alice in Hell”. They honestly played a set where the crowd did not move at all…they just stood there. Even though they were first starting out, they really played an awesome show. Since then these Canadians have been putting out albums regularly and have grown a decent following, especially in Canada. One thing I want to say about Annihilator is this. Jeff Waters is a really awesome guitarist and total musical talent as well. My all time favorite guitarist is Alex Skolnick. To me, Alex Skolnick can not be beat. I know that we all have our favorites, but Skolnick started playing for Testament when he was 16, I believe. Since then he has started his jazz trio which is really, truly, very cool… plus he played with the Trans Siberian Orchestra. Not just any guitarist plays for them. You have to be studly to play with those guys (even though they are a Savatge project of sorts).

Anyway… if you don’t know Annihilator, or you do and don’t like them much, give them a listen and pay attention to just the guitars. Jeff Waters is complete in every way. He can play fast, slow, or any way… and he is completely AWESOME. Like I said…Skolnick is my all time fave, but Jeff Waters is one of the best guitarists in the world. The guy is phenomenal. If you have never heard Jeff Waters, you need to. Trust me. He is far better than impressive.

Signature 

Posted: 24 February 2012 10:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2012-02-05

There’s a cool (and pretty unknown) band called Lost World Order in one of our neighbored cities which plays excellent thrash. Supporting unknown bands is always a good thing, so it would be great if they would give a show together.

If you’re interested in the band - their second album “Marauders” can be downloaded for free on their website: http://www.lostworldorder.com/wordpress/?p=45 (middle of the page)

Posted: 24 February 2012 11:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

I’m sorry that I have no link…I heard them on YouTube, but there is a Brazilian band named “Violator” that I have heard impresses Mille from interviews with Mille. Personally, they remind me of a mix of Kreator and Exodus with their own vocal style. I really know nothing about them although I have heard a few of their songs. They are a great up and coming band. Most of you may have heard of them already…if not, give them a listen. If Mille likes them, they have to be good, right? (just kidding)

I’m an idiot so they may not even be Brazilian, but give them a listen. It will be worth it. They are a good band and getting back “on topic”, I would like to see them open for Kreator. Some people, such as myself will have a list of about 50 bands that they would love to see open for Kreator. I have really only seen Kreator and a bunch of grindcore bands (that my daughter used to drag me to from her ages of 12-17) over the last 8-10 years. I’m not going to bash grindcore but I really don’t like that fake death metal junk (that’s what it reminds me of) and Alexa made me go to see bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath, The Devil Wears Prada, Chiodos, and Maylene and the Sons of Disaster among others over the course of a 5 year period. Anyway… I can’t wait to see Kreator again. I have always loved the atmosphere of a REAL thrash metal show. I’m really starting to wish that there was a way to get all of the Hoardes that I have met here at the same show. You all have been more than cool to me as well as each other. I’m starting to think that we Kreator fans are a special bunch. Kreator loves their fans… that is US… and we really are a loyal group of fans.

Kreator, musically tops every metal band when it comes to live sound. I hate live music but I love live Kreator. They have got to be the best live band, their sound is close to the studio sound and Mille can sing like he sings in the studio (or as Mille says, “Tries to sing”). What do I say though? Do I say scream? Vocalize? It certainly isn’t a grunt. I have always called it a scream.

I’m babbling again… sorry!

Signature 

Posted: 25 February 2012 05:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2012-02-06

violator is a great band! i was really surprised when i heard mille say he likes them because i thought they were unknown pretty much at the time of their first release. both of their albums are totally amazing, but i dont have any of the splits or EPs. too hard to get in the states. i guess thats what the internet is for!

kreator and exodus was a fun tour (followed them 3 nights on that one) so i dont need to have that as an opener. my pick was also going to be voivod, but i saw them open for kreator both nights they were in the area on that last tour. it would be more than ok with me if my two favorite bands ever just kept touring together endlessly. my brain would fall out of my head.

hm… i think i would really like to see kreator play with sauron from michigan and rabid from new york. this is just speaking for a US tour. take out some little known bands that completely have the same intensity and drive. if it was to have a package with some better known bands then i would say bring nocturnal over (i will totally be best friends with that hottie chick singer) and and get nekromantheon to come crush some skulls!

Signature 

*formerly “mustaine maniac” on the old forum*

Posted: 25 February 2012 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

Wow! You know who Violator is? If I wasn’t married and had my Wendy, I’d be Wisconsin bound to steal you. I’m always up for a little abduction when it comes to young little metal chicks. I’m acting a bit strange because Wendy bought me legal drugs for my birthday and gave them to me right at midnight.

Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday dear Grover
Happy birthday to me.

I think that their song “Futurephobia” is very cool. I really couldn’t believe that Mille knew of them either. I’ve been into Violator because of YouTube. To me, YouTube is for dorks, but I love the place! I’m a dork!

Signature 

Posted: 25 February 2012 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2012-02-06

indeed. if it’s brazilian thrash, there’s a good chance i know if it. its my 2nd favorite country for thrash- SoooOoOOOOOOOO good! i have a list of other killer bands you should check out all of which are from brazil.

Signature 

*formerly “mustaine maniac” on the old forum*

Posted: 25 February 2012 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  427
Joined  2012-02-11

Having two established bands as openers will probably give Kreator an excuse to have a short setlist which I just won’t allow. I want to see a full length Kreator show with about 18 songs this time.

Anyway, I think it would be cool if they went on tour with something fun like PILEDRIVER and RAVEN. Kreator and Raven could then play ‘Lambs to the slaughter’ together.

Signature 

AGAINST RELIGION AND ALL NATIONS FLAGS!

Posted: 25 February 2012 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19

that would be cool

Signature 

Posted: 25 February 2012 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Total Posts:  75
Joined  2012-02-05

I think,I prefer 1 or 2 Underground Bands. For example HEADBANGER from Poland or REZET from Germany. YES! I think it would be a damn cool Package.

Signature 

This is a Song,which I use to describe,what I feel about People like you…

Posted: 25 February 2012 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Soul Eraser
RankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2012-02-05
MPetrozzaIsGod - 25 February 2012 06:23 AM

Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday to me.

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you! :-)

Ahaha, I finally found where “Smileys” were! :cheese:

Allrighty, back to the topic.  I love the bands like Exodus and Destruction, but they’re headliners like Kreator for me.  Violator is a great choice!  I have only “Chemical Assault” album though.  They played in Japan a few years ago, but they played only in Osaka and I had to give up seeing them.  That’s a shame!  How about Vektor?  A lot of friends of mine seem to like them and probably some here as well?  They’ve just released the 2nd album from a Japanese label and I think I have to pick it up! 

This question says “in your city”.  So my choice goes to Japanese bands after all.  Fastkill and GxSxD!

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 4