Do you play an instrument or sing?

Signature 

STEVE “ZETRO” SOUZA IS KING

Posted: 19 February 2012 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  515
Joined  2012-02-04

I’m playing guitar and singing sometimes but not for the hard songs,I just sing country or blues,I have bands with nearly same guys but different genres,I like to play blues,country you know pentatonic scales,yet I play metal most of the time…

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 19 February 2012 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1110
Joined  2012-02-19

Thats great!

Signature 

Posted: 19 February 2012 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04

Music is great!!

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 19 February 2012 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19

Yeah:-)

Signature 

Posted: 19 February 2012 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19

I dont only like Thrash metal. I like Heavy metal and Power metal to. I saw Rammstein live two days ago. It was CRAZY!!!!

Signature 

Posted: 19 February 2012 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04

I don’t believe that a man can have just a single one genre,come on man that’s like I only take breathe don’t give it away!

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 19 February 2012 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19

What bands are you listening to?

Signature 

Posted: 19 February 2012 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04

Kreator,Pantera and Death are my bands.I also listen some of that guys other bands,like Down.But since still I’m a human I sometimes need nice feelings,for this times,Led Zep,The Eagles,lots of blues and country,BB.King,Gary Moore,you know all of them are good…

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 19 February 2012 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19

Gary Moore is very good!

Signature 

Posted: 19 February 2012 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Son Of Evil
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04

Yeah that son of a bitch made nearly heavy metal songs in some of his albums,but I want him always play blues ballads,God that’s really sad that he’s gone…

Signature 

CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE

Posted: 26 February 2012 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2012-02-05

I have not own band now, but I wish to create it soon. Now It’s very expensive for me. When we’ll find a bassist and violinist we will complete our band. Now we are three friends, drummer and two guitarists with great ambitions. It’s fucking expensive… And I can’t find musicians, who can satisfy my wishes.

We are calling “Smerch” in Russian. In English we are “Goreblaze”. We have several songs with completed rhythm base, I will write more, and we will have about 20 lyrics for september. I want to find musicians, who wants expirience and experiments. That’s why I’m here.

Kreator is my favorite band for last two years, and I want to cover some their songs with highest quality. I wrote, this challenge will be th great expirience for us… Hordes of chaos, Violent revolution, Amok run, Warcurse, Terrible certainty. This words are hammered into the head of each listener, and I shocked some people, when I song another words in several variations. They understand this songs better and come exited. In Russia. But I don’t know what you can feel, reading a text without voice. I posted audiotrack with my voice. It is a bullshit)) Now I am learning acoustic guitar, try to learn vocal (as a babysitter ha ha ha) and want to complete my band on septemper this year. If I’ll fail to execute this plan - I’m fucking looser, like now)) Like so many times before.

Signature 

Light!
Now you see the brightest light!
Bones and flesh are melt in fire,
That gives a freedom to your soul!
This
Is the end of your short life!
One, with millions, now you’r dying.
Burning eyes will see the born of gods in flame

The only way to cure endless pain is in getting ultimate pain and stay alive.

Posted: 03 March 2012 04:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2012-02-07

I am NOT a professional musician. My music career ended when I stopped singing for a thrash metal band in my senior year of high school. I am now 39 years old. I have a question for any professional musicians or amateur musicians as well. It may be impossible to explain it to me because I have almost zero guitar experience.

Anyway… Here goes…

I was reading something on Kreator “through the years” recently and the author of the piece wrote that Kreator, starting with Violent Revolution, had returned to their roots. He then cited that Kreator was using “Gothenburg” riffs a lot more in their 3 most recent albums (Violent Revolution, Enemy of God, and Hoardes of Chaos). I have been a metalhead for more than 20 years and I understand what a guitar riff is. A Gothenburg riff though, is a term that I’m not familiar with. So, my question, to anyone that can answer it is: WHAT IS A GOTHENBURG RIFF?

Kreator has been my favorite band since they released “Extreme Aggression”. After that album was released, their earlier albums were made available a lot easier so I soon became a Kreator freak owning every album they had released. I have always followed Kreator and stayed in touch with the band’s changing line-ups, “experimental industrial and gothic” releases and I have always liked anything they have released. I realize how Kreator may have been very influential to many death metal and black metal bands with their early releases. I also realize that most Kreator fans that have been listening to them as long as I have probably have a favorite album like one of their first releases. Most people that I run into like “Pleasure to Kill” the best.

In my personal opinion, Kreator’s best 3 releases have been Hoardes of Chaos, Enemy of God, and Violent Revolution. I think they are maybe the best pure thrash albums of any band and I also put them in that order as #1, #2, and #3. In other words, since Sami joined the band, I think Kreator has taken the title of best thrash band ever, and I think that each album has gotten better since Violent Revolution was released. I hope that Phantom Antichrist continues this progression that I believe is happening, but I also believe that topping Hoardes of Chaos will be very hard to beat.

I told you these trivial things because I have heard on more than one occasion that “Gothenburg riffs” are one of the reasons for Kreator’s “NEW” sound. It is just a little hard for me to understand when I don’t know what a Gothenburg riff is. Any help from you Kreator Hoardes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks from Grover. I apologize for the length of this post. I just can’t shut up sometimes. thanks again.

Signature 

My only aim is to take many lives. The more, the better I feel!

Posted: 03 March 2012 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2012-02-04

When they say Gothenburg riff, they mean a more melodic approach, more melodic riffs. And main Gothenburg bands are At the Gates and Dark Tranquillity, so you get the picture. (:

Signature 

Now rain shall wash away sad remains of man
Cities once so proud will crumble into sand
Buildings all collapse when all is done and said
The guilty ones will die with the innocent…

< 1 2 3 > 
2 of 3