< 1 2 3 4 > 
2 of 4
Phantom Antichrist - How do you like the new album?
Posted: 29 May 2012 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-05-29

I heard 3 or 4 tracks from the much anticipated album last night, and I have to say I loved it

I am a huge fan of ‘Hordes of Chaos’ - the reviews when it came out were sterling, though these days it seems it’s not as revered as the two preceding albums. I felt ‘Hordes’ was magnificent - some wonderful thrash bursts, excellent song writing, stunning twin guitar melodies. I listen to it as much as I do some of their older classics like “Terrible Certainty’ & another of my favourites ‘Cause for Conflict’

I will be buying the physical copy of the new album of course, the bonus DVD looks brilliant, but couldn’t wait any longer to hear it so ‘found it’ last night and had time to go through 3 or 4 of the songs - it sounds huge, perfectly produced; the melodies are as strong as they were on ‘Hordes’ and the tracks had some truly powerful bursts of fast Thrash amid the catchy riffs.

Can’t wait to hear the rest tonight!

Posted: 29 May 2012 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2012-02-13

Finally I had time to listen to the whole album,and to not to ruin those people’s fun who want to wait ‘til the official release,I’m not going to write a detailed review,just the few most important things that I think about the album:

1,Whenever a new Kreator album was released in the last decade,my first question always was:Is this really the same band who recorded those incredibly primitive songs like “Total death” or “Tormentor”? Unbelievable…

2,This is an amazing album! Melodic and epic,but still brutal and heavy. The recipe is basically easy:Get a fairly big amount of Violent Revolution,put a little Enemy of God in it,and spice it up with a tablespoon of Outcast and add a splash of Endorama on top. The resulting dish is delicious!!!

3,I agree with everyone who hailed about Sami’s playing! Yes,he IS doing an amazing job!

4,Because Iron Maiden’s latest album “Final frontier” sucked donkey balls,I can happily report that after 20 something years of being an avid fan of both bands,Kreator achieved the seemingly impossible,and dethroned the british heavy metal gemstone,and as of today, became my new #1 favorite band! Great job,guys!

Signature 

Quote of this week:“Metal is dead!” - Lars Ulrich

Posted: 29 May 2012 10:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1110
Joined  2012-02-19
The Clansman - 29 May 2012 09:04 PM

Finally I had time to listen to the whole album,and to not to ruin those people’s fun who want to wait ‘til the official release,I’m not going to write a detailed review,just the few most important things that I think about the album:

1,Whenever a new Kreator album was released in the last decade,my first question always was:Is this really the same band who recorded those incredibly primitive songs like “Total death” or “Tormentor”? Unbelievable…

2,This is an amazing album! Melodic and epic,but still brutal and heavy. The recipe is basically easy:Get a fairly big amount of Violent Revolution,put a little Enemy of God in it,and spice it up with a tablespoon of Outcast and add a splash of Endorama on top. The resulting dish is delicious!!!

3,I agree with everyone who hailed about Sami’s playing! Yes,he IS doing an amazing job!

4,Because Iron Maiden’s latest album “Final frontier” sucked donkey balls,I can happily report that after 20 something years of being an avid fan of both bands,Kreator achieved the seemingly impossible,and dethroned the british heavy metal gemstone,and as of today, became my new #1 favorite band! Great job,guys!

Nice to hear that you liked the album. And i agree with you on the Iron Maiden part. Their last album was pretty bad.

Signature 

STEVE “ZETRO” SOUZA IS KING

Posted: 29 May 2012 11:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19

I have listened to all songs. And i think no Kreator fan will get disopointed (sorry for spelling) . This album got more strength than Hordes of chaos. Hordes maybe was more intense and aggressive. But this album has speed to ofcours (its Kreator we are talking about here) United in hate and Civilcation collapse are good samples for speed. The album are very melodic and is pretty similar to Violent , Enemy and Hordes. The melodic makes it more brutal. The solos…hmm…What about them…AWESOME!!! Best solos ive heard in a long time. Sami has been awesome before but now he has totally perfect. Solos got that feeling that you wanna destroy your house or something like that. The riffs are very good and heavy. Very hard riffs to play. Milles voice is perfect. Only listen to the scream in United in hate. The production is very very good. You hear every tone. The bass also was louder this time.Speesy did a graet work. Good work producing Jens Bogren!!! And wait we forgot one single thing. The drums ofcours. Ventor is doing the double bass much and thats only good cause you got a great feeling. Like getting punched in the face a thousand times. This album gets 10/10 points from me. Great work Kreator. You are the best band ever…

Signature 

Posted: 29 May 2012 11:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  427
Joined  2012-02-11
metal-lord - 29 May 2012 11:01 PM

I have listened to all songs. And i think no Kreator fan will get disopointed.

I have a couple of friends who listened to the new album but didn’t care for it. I think they thought the albums sounded to gothenburgish. There was some parts where I kind of felt like that myself but I think all melodies on this albums sound better than anything I ever heard from Gothenburg. The Gothenburg sound is just lame. At least Kreator’s melodies have some bite.

I just recommended that they would give the album a few more listenings because I think they will hear the quality of it if they just give it a chance.

Signature 

AGAINST RELIGION AND ALL NATIONS FLAGS!

Posted: 30 May 2012 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-13
metal-lord - 29 May 2012 10:38 PM

Nice to hear that you liked the album.

After 3 or 4 more listens today,I can clearly say that I don’t LIKE it,I LOVE it!!! It’s nothing short of a masterpiece! (“Until our paths cross again” FTW!!! What a fuckin’ great epic!!!)

Signature 

Posted: 01 June 2012 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2012-02-29

I love the Album. The leadguitar is extremly high class. Sami did a really good job. The songs are powerfull n melodic. I see 3 Songs in the Live Setup.

Posted: 02 June 2012 12:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  427
Joined  2012-02-11

My favorite songs from the album at this point is ‘Phantom Antichrist’, ‘United in hate’, ‘Until our paths cross again’ and ‘Iron destiny’ (But I see why it is not on the original album: The chords are similar to ‘United in hate’).

badhanger - 01 June 2012 02:35 PM

I love the Album. The leadguitar is extremly high class. Sami did a really good job. The songs are powerfull n melodic. I see 3 Songs in the Live Setup.

I think they should play more. Seriously. If we don’t get to hear the songs on this tour we will never hear them played live. I am feeling sad about that I will probably never get to hear ‘Radical resistance’, ‘Absolute misanthropy’ and ‘Escalation’ live. I think all bands should play all their material at least once.

Signature 

AGAINST RELIGION AND ALL NATIONS FLAGS!

Posted: 02 June 2012 12:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19
Phantom Antichrist - 02 June 2012 12:47 AM

My favorite songs from the album at this point is ‘Phantom Antichrist’, ‘United in hate’, ‘Until our paths cross again’ and ‘Iron destiny’ (But I see why it is not on the original album: The chords are similar to ‘United in hate’).

badhanger - 01 June 2012 02:35 PM

I think they should play more. Seriously. If we don’t get to hear the songs on this tour we will never hear them player live. I am feeling sad about that I will never hear ‘Radical resistance’, ‘Absolute misanthropy’ and ‘Escalation’ live. I think all bands should play all their material at least once.

Agree with you PA. A band would play all their songs. Specially Kreator. Cause all songs are masterpieces. Like Radical , Absolute and Escalation.

Signature 

Posted: 02 June 2012 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2012-01-30

one word - MASTERPIECE!!!!!!!!!!

Signature 

It’s too late - Korg├╝ll rules the earth!!!!

Posted: 02 June 2012 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2012-02-05

Just bought the yellow lp edition (looks killer!!!) and i was blown away by the album the first time I listened to it. Exactly the melodic stuff I expected and hoped for.

Signature 

THRASH ‘TIL FUCKIN’ DEATH

Posted: 02 June 2012 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-13
pandeMONIum - 02 June 2012 04:09 PM

Two words - I AGREE! :))

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2012 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Phantom Antichrist
RankRank
Total Posts:  115
Joined  2012-05-13
The Clansman - 02 June 2012 04:54 PM

Three words - So do I !

Posted: 06 June 2012 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19
Florian - 06 June 2012 02:34 PM
The Clansman - 02 June 2012 04:54 PM

Three words - So do I !

four words - Kreator is the best

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2012 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2012-02-06
Phantom Antichrist - 02 June 2012 12:47 AM

I am feeling sad about that I will probably never get to hear…... and ‘Escalation’ live.

that’s my favorite song from the album and i know i’ll probably never get to see it live.

as for the new album - it’s totally crushing. certain parts took me by total surprise and i can feel how “epic” the whole thing is. my first listen was while i was on my bike trying to push myself for a really good time as i covered many miles. i’d say that it did the trick although i always felt like i couldnt get the album to be loud enough :)  stand out tracks so far are the title track, civilisation collapse,  the few the proud the broken, and until our paths cross again.

Signature 

*formerly “mustaine maniac” on the old forum*

< 1 2 3 4 > 
2 of 4