< 1 2 3 > 
2 of 3
PHANTOM ANTICHRIST - Single release
Posted: 20 April 2012 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  302
Joined  2012-02-05

Alright - this release will make me poor.

Yellow vinyl, bi-coloured vinyl, clear vinyl, pic vinyl, normal CD, limited edition CD, Ultimate Pack, mailorder edition…. daaaaaaaaaamn…. Hard for people who want to have a copy (or 2) of each release. :sick:

Nevertheless: I want them. :D

Posted: 20 April 2012 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
One of Us
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2012-02-06

Anyone got the lyrics of the title track? There are some words I can’t really make out in the song and would love to know what they say.

Posted: 21 April 2012 04:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  427
Joined  2012-02-11

I just noticed that ‘Phantom antichrist’ might have the best solo ever. They really managed to do what is so hard in extreme metal; to combine brutality and melody. This song have great riffs, great solos, great breaks and licks. Very technical, aggressive, over the top and at the same time sounding so restrained and elegant. Much like ‘Destroy what destroys you’.

Signature 

AGAINST RELIGION AND ALL NATIONS FLAGS!

Posted: 21 April 2012 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1110
Joined  2012-02-19
Phantom Antichrist - 21 April 2012 04:04 AM

I just noticed that ‘Phantom antichrist’ might have the best solo ever. They really managed to do what is so hard in extreme metal; to combine brutality and melody. This song have great riffs, great solos, great breaks and licks. Very technical, aggressive, over the top and at the same time sounding so restrained and elegant. Much like ‘Destroy what destroys you’.

The solo reminds me of some solo from Hordes of chaos. Killer song

Signature 

STEVE “ZETRO” SOUZA IS KING

Posted: 21 April 2012 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19
David - 20 April 2012 10:44 PM

Anyone got the lyrics of the title track? There are some words I can’t really make out in the song and would love to know what they say.

I dont think that the lyrics are avaible right now…sorry

Signature 

Posted: 22 April 2012 08:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2012-02-13

Finally I listened to the whole song. So…clearly (at least to me) the motto was “let’s go back to the VR era”. Pretty good song,I don’t really like the solo part,but I guess after a few more listen,and it’ll grow on me. Good job so far…

Signature 

Quote of this week:“Metal is dead!” - Lars Ulrich

Posted: 22 April 2012 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  427
Joined  2012-02-11
The Clansman - 22 April 2012 08:26 PM

Finally I listened to the whole song. So…clearly (at least to me) the motto was “let’s go back to the VR era”. Pretty good song,I don’t really like the solo part,but I guess after a few more listen,and it’ll grow on me. Good job so far…

There is nothing on ‘Violent revolution’ that touches this song in intensity and fucked up arrangements (“fucked up” in the best possible way, mind you). At times it did remind me a bit about both ‘System decay’ and ‘World anarchy’ though. But I also heard parts that reminded me of the ‘Coma of souls’-album. I feel it is a progression from ‘Hordes of chaos’ but it is too early to say what the full album might be like.

Signature 

AGAINST RELIGION AND ALL NATIONS FLAGS!

Posted: 22 April 2012 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-13

I dunno…the feeling and the sound of the song reminded me to some of the songs on VR. Anyhoo…we’ll see how’s the other songs will turn out.

Signature 

Posted: 22 April 2012 10:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2012-02-06

i still havent heard it, and i refuse to until the 7"s are in my hands.

Signature 

*formerly “mustaine maniac” on the old forum*

Posted: 23 April 2012 01:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2012-04-12

Agreeing on that you cannot judge the album just by listening to this single track. It is a killer thrash track with some nice elements such as the breakdown (whose riff I do not think is thaaat good). Very straight-forward! However I hope the full album will offer some more experimental songwriting. You definitely can hear that Kreator progressed, but I always have the last albums in mind when listening to the track. What I really, really like is that you can hear the bass. Many metal productions suffer from the “inaudible-bass-syndrome”, fortunately Kreator’s new producer avoided this. The mastering is too compressed in my opinion, but that is also an annoying trend in general. I hope the 7” got a better master and sounds better and more dynamic.

Posted: 25 April 2012 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-13

OK.It took me 5 listens to get hooked,but I am hooked now.Can’t wait ‘til June! :lol: It is a great feeling to know that there’s at least a few bands that never made me disappointed.Kreator’s one of them,so hail to the king of thrash!

Oh….and I almost forgot to mention that tasteful Maiden cover! It’s really the cherry on the top of this particular cake.As I’m an avid Maiden fan,I had my worries,‘til I finally heard it…and immediately got eased up about it.It’s a very respectful cover,it has much more “muscle” than the original song,and of course a different solo part,but all an’ all it’s a very nice cover,and I’m pretty sure that Harris and the other guys would feel the same way about it!

Signature 

Posted: 25 April 2012 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Willing Spirit
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2012-04-12

Yes, the Maiden cover is nice! Kreator relly added their own touch to this great piece of music.

Posted: 25 April 2012 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19
TheBoss - 25 April 2012 04:27 PM

Yes, the Maiden cover is nice! Kreator relly added their own touch to this great piece of music.

Heavier and better. I love the original but this is a little better

Signature 

Posted: 27 April 2012 12:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Bringer Of Torture
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-13
metal-lord - 25 April 2012 04:30 PM

Hey,come on now! Heavier? Yes. Better? Definitely NOT! The original TNOTB is a song that’s written in pure gold in the book of heavy metal history. This is just a cover of that brilliant song. A very good cover indeed,but JUST a cover!

Signature 

Posted: 27 April 2012 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Impossible To Cure
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-19
The Clansman - 27 April 2012 12:55 AM
metal-lord - 25 April 2012 04:30 PM

Hey,come on now! Heavier? Yes. Better? Definitely NOT! The original TNOTB is a song that’s written in pure gold in the book of heavy metal history. This is just a cover of that brilliant song. A very good cover indeed,but JUST a cover!

Maiden is the original. And that Number of the beast is also one my favorite songs. But the Kreator Number of the beast I THINK is better…The best Maiden song i think is Wasted years .or stranger in a strange land.or Heaven can wait or Somewhere in time

Signature 

< 1 2 3 > 
2 of 3